Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Furukawa CD5B

cheathco ยท 2014-10-07 20:51

Mine has been running great then late this afternoon it started acting like it had run out of fue and died (in a bad spot of course, blocking the road Into my place).l. It has plenty of fuel. I have experience with JD 450's, none with this, Is there any on line info on fuel system that anyone knows off? Any leads on parts? Tnx, Charlie

Replies10
  1. #1furukawajake2014-10-07 23:23

    When I change the fuel filter on mine its a real bugger to get going again compared to the 4bt 3.9 I have in a pettibone telehandler. All I can advise you on is to change the filter now while its not running anyway and then go thru a normal bleeding attempt to get it going again. good luck. oh yeah, mine has a Mitsubishi S4E in it for an engine. you might try looking that direction first. chances are it will be easier to find fuel info for a little bd2 than the furukawa Double edit. BTW, when you signed up for the forum you missed a golden opportunity to become furukawacharlie and join in with bill, don, matt and myself

  2. #2cheathco2014-10-08 00:02

    Where is fuil filter? Is it in the canister looking thing up ner fron top on left side looking from seat?

  3. #3furukawajake2014-10-08 08:14

    you got it, its should be about a pint sized spin on. start there.

  4. #4cheathco2014-10-08 10:03

    Ok, tnx, , do I assume coerectly that there is no fuel pump? I have tried Mitsubishi and other attemps, nada.

  5. #5furukawajake2014-10-08 10:11

    There's an injector pump.... Follow the throttle linkage to the box with 4 fuel lines coming off of it. I'll be near mine today, I'll take a picture for you

  6. #6cheathco2014-10-08 11:07

    Ok, Didnt think was a fuil pump, but my JD 450 had one. Im headed out to see if parts store has the filter, hopefully the filter is cloged, or the line may be stoped up.

  7. #7cheathco2014-10-08 11:21

    I just looked on line for the 33394 wix filter, it is a spin on. (that was the number I saw for my machine in older post. The canister I menioned is a perm steel thing Guess I better head out and see what I can find.

  8. #8cheathco2014-10-08 21:24

    I went out and opened the fuel filter drain bolt, nice looking red fuel. thought what the heck, started it and after running poorly for a few min it started running better, opened it full, (never before) and it started running ok, After a few min running at normal speed, it started to miss a little then slowly died. I then remove=d the filter canister, and filter looked pretty much ok, but I will replace. It is a little thing about 2in thick and 3 in wide. It has no part number on it. and so far havent found info on line. I did find an opr manual on line covers the s2e-s6e2, says to use pump to prime, but no mention of where it is, I am sure it is the thing wiht round cap below th injector pump. I have tried to open it, but cant, anyone know how? Charlie

  9. #9cheathco2014-10-09 22:01

    Cleaned the filter which was pretty cruddy, blew out fuel line, cleaned the fuel pump screen, primed the system with the little pump, and bled the injector pump unit. Fired right up and runs like a new one.

  10. #10furukawajake2014-10-09 22:11

    Nice job, I'm a big fan of your work!