so I just finished rewiring my entire ex200-2. everything is good except for one thing. im having a problem with the ignition system. when I turn the key on its not turning on the battery relay. so I checked all the new fuses in the new fuse box and fuse #6 is blown. on the cover its labeled as SW BOX. with the key off if I put a new 5A fuse in it blows instantly. so somewhere I have a short im assuming.. but I have no idea what the "sw box" stands for. I've been through the entire electrical portion of the manual and haven't found much about it or what that #6 fuse is in charge of.. can anyone help me with this?
i have the same machine and i can start the machine.but the panel lights will not light , and the machine wont idle up. i checked the fuses and the sw box was blown. figured this was the problem try to replace it, and just like yours it blew instantly. went over the wire system as best we could didnt find anything obvious. so i hope someone out there can help us figure this out. does the fuse have anything to do with our problem ??
the engine shut down electric motor was screwed on my machine and that was causing the fuse to blow. unplug your engine shut down motor (under the muffler in a blue bag) replace the fuse and see what happens .
ok i will try this and get back to ya with the result. thanks for the quick response.
I have a related issue with the #6 as well. A little different though, When the machine is running and you turn the key off the power is still on to the dash, i started pulling fuses until power went off and number 6 did the job "shut battery relay off" also the #8 position relay when unplugged cut the power to the battery relay as well with the key off. one other thing related is that the alternator will not charge. Anyone have any ideas to my issues? so far i replaced the battery relay and that wasnt it. Really at wits end, need some help please!
Could be a bad alternator, bad load dump relay, or a bad diode (should be taped to the harness behind the seat, either yellow or blue).
Thanks Deere! I'll try and see if the wiper relay or horn will swap over, anybody got a part # on the relay? Napa or another shop couldn't help me out on that one.
So i swapped the wiper relay for the load dump relay with no change, i think i located the diodes, there is three yellow ones taped to the harness behind the seat, if i unplug the diode number 1 it cuts the power to the dash when the key is off same as the number 6 fuse and #8 relay cuts the power as well when the key is off. When the diode is unplugged and machine is running #6 fuse is still getting power???? i switched diode 1 with the glow relay d2 with no change in symptoms either. So symptoms are no charging and power doesn't shut off to the dash when the keys is off leading to the warning buzzer going off... Only way ive found to cut power is pulling fuse #6 and diode1 and ec motor relay and the little wire ontop of the batt relay, once it breaks the connection and is plugged back in the power stays off. What else can i check?
Been a long time since I worked on a -2 so having a tough time remembering the circuits. I've seen alternators with bad diodes back feed and keep the motor running but the all still charged at a normal voltage.
This machines a 120-3 so not sure if that matters or not, i disconnected the alarm and heard a pretty loud buzzing noise down near the fuel pump throttle govenor area but i couldn't locate it or see many wires in that area either, unplugged the key switch too with no change. on the wiring diagram the #4 out of the cpu looks like a diode inside cpu that maybe backfeeding power??? I'm just grasping at straws at this point. Worth changing the alternator then?
Instead of blowing fuses, put a headlight where the fuse goes, and start unplugging things on that circuit until the light dims. the light will keep anything from lettin the smoke out
Found my problem out, Something in the alternator was feeding power back into the system, diode? A new alternator and all the issues self resolved!