Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC210B Swing bearing interchangeable with Volvo ECR235C Zero Swing?

skadill ยท 2013-10-31 15:40

I have a near new bearing from a 2007 Volvo ECR235C Zero swing excavator(no dozer blade).Does anyone know if it will bolt onto a 2004 Volvo 210BLC regular machine.The 210 has a worn bearing.

Replies12
  1. #1finaldrive2013-10-31 15:47

    They will not interchange. We stock the EC210B swing bearing if you need one.

  2. #2billythebairn2013-11-01 13:09

    do you have serial numbers for both machines as there are various slew rings for each machine

  3. #3skadill2013-11-02 02:05

    Just the complete one its EC210V17314,I can try and find out the # on the donor one,but only the bottom exists now.the 235 ring is 52" across.The carrier only has 600 hrs on it it,it was a burnt machine,so basically new gear still.It would be great to be able to utilize these low hour parts.The 235 was the first year they came out model,which I think is 2007.Do you figure the drive motors are interchangeable ?

  4. #4billythebairn2013-11-02 07:51

    hi, going by the 210 ser we dont have a match as only the later 210b ser 35001 and up have the same part number as the 235 - 14577178, this is not to say that it would not fit but i can only go on part numbers /serial, it would be a big risk to take.

  5. #5uffex2013-11-03 12:16

    Good day Skadill If the donor has been cooked be aware the lube seal may well have expired its useful life, you need to fix it. Strange you need a replacement early in the life any explanation?

  6. #6skadill2013-11-03 16:32

    The 2004 210B needs the bearing,the photo is of the 235 burnt bottom half.

  7. #7finaldrive2013-11-04 09:16

    I'd be interested in buying the lower. Maybe we could work something out for the new EC210B bearing that we have in stock that you need.

  8. #8skadill2013-11-05 01:58

    Appreciated idea,but I have a couple 210 volvos and picked this 600 hour. ECR235 lower up figuring the drive ,and bottom rollers,idlers,adjusters and such would be good for the other 2 to feed off of when needed,it would just be a bonus if the bearing would work on the 2004 210,as thats the most potentialy useful piece right now.How much is a swing bearing?

  9. #9Wild7772013-11-13 15:10

    I've taken a ec210c swing bearing from a machine I broke and fitted it on a ec210b ( different part numbers I think) so It might, the way I looked at it was are the bottom and top ring of bolts got the same amount of bolts and spacings, also size, you can measure the ecr235, if you spit the ec210b and it's the Same size and Dow holes are the same - bonus, if not then its a new bearing, also looking at the pics I'd be cautious with all the water and dirt plus the fire damage, even though low hours has it got rusty and dirty round the ball bearings and the are the seals gone it all depends on how much of a risk you wanna take? Hope this helps Tom

  10. #10skadill2013-11-13 22:28

    thank you,I'll certainly use it if it fits.When I do the tear down,it will have to happen beside the ec 235 carcass,if it lines up,bonus,if not then a trip to the bearing store.The 210 it will go on has around 9500 hrs on it anyway,and the 'burnt' bearing would last outlast the machine or lenght of time I'll hold on to it.Cant sell a machine well with a sloppy bearing anyway,and now i have this lower,that would be a bonus anyway.The gravy is in the track drives,rollers,idlers and other bolt on items that will swap over.

  11. #11ben46a2013-11-16 07:05

    Would there be any benefit to just boting your upper on the 235 lower if the bolts line up instead of swapping the bearing? Beats swapping all the individual pieces.

  12. #12skadill2013-11-17 01:22

    That would be fine as well.Just havent gotten the runner to back to the yard where the parts section one is to see, I was hoping for a magic " yes,it will fit answer"but theres a chance it may or not. It maybe a winter project here to do soon.