As I refurb my 1987 Cat-426 Cabin (began with complete removal) I found the source of several mysterious intermittent short circuits in the right roll-cage pillar bottom where HIDDEN wiring rubbed against structurals. 3 of them were INTERMITTENTLY grounding. So part of the answer was to LIBERATE the wiring after I disposed of ALL eye-candy trim, moldings and idiot-panels. From now on all the wiring will be exposed (though in goose-becks) cabin-side or underneath below removable floor panels. Today I ran into 3 OTHER intermittent issues on the fuse board where the 3 leftmost contacts are spinning loose on the rivet. I'm thinking of removing the fiberglass-like board tomorrow and hitting the the contact RIVETS hard with a flat punch. Is this the normally applied cure? I don't think I want to attempt soldering for fear of melting the plastic board.
If all it is is a fuse panel you might look for a marine type panel to replace it with. My panel keeps losing contact with the radio power but it has all sorts of diodes, relays, and crap on it. I have cleaned, tightened, and wiggled till I'm blue in the face. Radio will work fine for a while then I will jerk the machine doing something and off it will go. I can pull the fuse cover and wiggle the bottom plug and it will come back to life.
Can you drill the rivet out and use a small bolt?
First I tried to punch the rivets but that failed miserably, the copper rivets are FAR too flimsy. Then I tried edgephgoto's suggestion with 1/2" 6-32 screws and locknuts. Lost one of the male bayonet prongs on gravel outdoors never to be found again, but it was my lucky day seeing that there was one fuse not used at all
You could just update it. https://www.connectorconcepts.com/bu15reteatcf8.html
I live in the sticks, delivery is 1-5 weeks, not days. And that's over 100 $cdn, the 6-32's cost me 3.90 $cdn for 100 and I'm left with about 85 of them MInd you IF it weren't for the delay involved I would have gone with CB's, a proper job on an aluminum strip.