Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

G’day! Need direction to specific forums

Scuba2612 ยท 2014-03-09 08:16

Hello to all the new and old HEF's! Love this forum. Keep coming back to this place for 3 weeks now so thought I'd join! If I am asking too much in the wrong forum I apologise just point me in the right direction. I am researching buying a mini excavator around the 2.5T mark so I can buy a trailer and still be able to tow it with my current ute. Kobelco or New Holland. I seem to see Kobelco's running around everywhere here in Oz. There is a local dealership that runs service trucks. Reading most forums this is a big plus. Also noted a hydraulic thumb is a totally cool tool! Starting for personal use around my property and then offer my services and see where it goes. Got all licences and insurances covered! Q1. Would there be a niche for an electrician to be able to dig trenches and lay cables, instead of having to hire a digger and sparky separately? Q2. Can some one point me to a forum about starting a excavating business. Note: had my own electrical business in a different lifetime so have got the basics covered. More interested in the uniqueness of owning and operating iron. Q3. What is considered a high number of hours? Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1Scuba26122014-03-09 08:21

    Ignore Q2 I've found a couple of threads

  2. #2CM19952014-03-09 11:59

    I would post a thread in this forum for questions on a mini-ex

  3. #3Scuba26122014-03-09 20:13

    Thanks CM1995. Reading the threads now

  4. #4CM19952014-03-09 20:31

    :thumbsup