Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gab group for the Heavy Wrench Heads – Heavy Equipment Mechanics group

treemuncher · 2021-02-03 11:39

I found this on Gab.com the other evening in case anyone else on HeavyEquipmentForums has an interest in the group. It is a group for Heavy Equipment Mechanics. https://gab.com/groups/10609

Replies25
  1. #1Truck Shop2021-02-03 13:03

    I'm just a light duty fry cook so I don't qualify.

  2. #2heymccall2021-02-03 13:05

    I just sell shrimp outta the back of a van, down by the river

  3. #3Tags2021-02-03 18:54

    I'm a one legged man in an ass kicking contest Thanks for posting it, I'll check it out as soon as I catch my breath....

  4. #4crane operator2021-02-03 19:59

    I've got a pry bar and a pipe wrench, and limited knowledge combined with a poor skill set. Can I join? This pipe wrench is the neighbor's, I don't have a fancy aluminum one. But I knew it was the right size for the trailer ball. I do have a heavy duty metric wrench too.

  5. #5John C.2021-02-03 20:03

    I ride shotgun on a crap wagon keeping the buzzards away.

  6. #6Coaldust2021-02-03 20:23

    I used to have a mechanic job. But, now I don’t go. I’m trying to become a rapper. But, my flow is to slow. The rhymes are fun. But, it’s the money I’m after. Ripping up Alaska. Like a Caterpillar tractor!

  7. #7Truck Shop2021-02-03 21:12

    Here's some heavy equipment to discuss or cuss.

  8. #8treemuncher2021-02-03 23:36

    It used to be that the Trapping & Snaring For Beginners page on Facebook had the most sarcastic responses.....HEF is stepping up its game.

  9. #9Truck Shop2021-02-04 00:48

    Just poking a little fun at it, just like anything else you can only say so many good things and have only so many discussions about cotter pins and zerk fittings.

  10. #10treemuncher2021-02-04 07:34

    The sarcastic responses are sometimes the best part of any forum! Trust me, you guys will have to try a lot harder to get to the level of that trapper's page. I don't trap much at all but I sure get some laughs from the responses given. It's all good.

  11. #11Vetech632021-02-04 08:41

    Ill be right over...........

  12. #12treemuncher2021-02-04 09:07

    That Gump scene reminds me of the job I was on 2 weeks ago. I started grinding on a standing white oak that was about 18"-20" dbh tree and a gray flash flies out of the mid section of the tree and hits the ground running - a gray squirrel. I yelled to him, "Hey, what's your name?" "Forest", he said. "Run Forest, RUN! I'm coming to git cha!" He was long gone and safe. Years ago, I did fell an oak with the saw and while bucking it up, I remember seeing gray fur during a cut. I figured it was maybe a nest as I did not see any blood. While loading the log on a trailer, it dropped hard and out came a squirrel with about an inch of tail left on him running like a rabbit.

  13. #13Vetech632021-02-04 09:22

    It sounds like a place I can go and be a complete retard. If I was to go there, as a newly hired Cat tech, and ask what mix of antifreeze I should put in my turbocharger.........what type of responses should I expect?

  14. #14Truck Shop2021-02-04 10:02

    Discussing weights of motor oil is always exciting.

  15. #15Bluox2021-02-04 12:05

    Well hopefully some old Cat doctor would tell you to use the mix for the temperature you are working at . Cat did use water cooled turbos . Bob

  16. #16Vetech632021-02-04 12:26

    Yeah, but I was wanting to have some fun with it. There is only 7 registered members there though.

  17. #17BigWrench552021-02-04 12:31

    I think that I will stick around here. this is the first forum that I seen with people who know what they are talking about. So much knowledge and experience here. I'm sure everyone here has googled a problem and had to painfully sift through internet hacks giving horribly bad advice and absolutely not knowing what they are talking about. I trust the advice I received from here and don't see any need for something else to occupy my time. Besides I bet that site allows politics and I absolutely can't stand people's political opinions. Another reason I like this forum much better. The moderator's do a good job enforcing the rules and people largely respect the rules.

  18. #18old timer2021-02-04 13:55

    Last week I couldn't spell Mechanik, now I are one. I will take a peek but......... Think I'll stick around here, like the people! P.S. Don't tell my wife I'm a heavy equipment mechanic, she thinks i have a respectable job, like a piano player in a cat house.

  19. #19Truck Shop2021-02-04 15:08

    No burgers today only pig snorkels and ears, how you like tours cooked?

  20. #20crane operator2021-02-04 17:18

    What's that pay? I been looking for something part time. Do they provide ammo?

  21. #21CM19952021-02-04 18:40

    Crap if they provide ammo I'll work for free and I won't even be picky on caliber! 9MM, 40 cal, .223 - I'm game for any and all.

  22. #22Truck Shop2021-02-04 21:50

    HMR-Home Made Rifle .17

  23. #23lantraxco2021-02-04 21:50

    Don't lose yer day job!

  24. #24Truck Shop2021-02-04 21:53

    He can come work with me-I need a backup chef.

  25. #25John C.2021-02-04 23:30

    They gave me a broom and said to use that. I told them my wife quit riding brooms after the first kid was born.