Looking for an exhaust manifold for my Galion 118 with a Cummins H-6 engine. This machine is around 1963, Cummins said they can't go back that far on the computer. He also said he did not have access to a parts manual that old. Does any body know of an aftermarket company that makes manifolds for old equipment? I ordered a parts manual off ebay today maybe that will have a part #. Does anyone know if the NH series will work on a H series?
Is this the manual ?? ---------> http://www.hawaiianrailway.org/maintenance/CumminsPartsManual.pdf
It looks like the one on page 83 part # BM-1340 but Cummins guy said part # was not a Cummins #. Thought for sure I could find an aftermarket somewhere. You can find manifolds for old tractors and power units, M-M, Case, JD etc.
What happened to the original manifold ?
Forgive me for hijacking this thread but tinkerer , do you have a copy of the parts manual for the H Series 743 cu in Cummins by any chance?
RMXR; Sorry, I don't have one . I found quite a few of them on the internet, but none are free sadly. Ebay is most likely your best option. They are available there and reasonably priced. --------> http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...l.TRS0&_nkw=Cummins+743+Parts+Manual&_sacat=0 There is even a complete 743 engine available for 1500.00 US dollars. Unfortunately it is local pick up only -- he won't ship it.
The original is rusted out with 2 golf ball size holes in it. Too thin to weld or braze.
Spray welding it may be an option.
We custom build all of ours from the old ones. Standard weld pipe flanges and Elbows. If you don't have any luck and can't do it yourself let me know. Ship up your old one and we can make you a new one. [email protected]
Thanks Jerre I made one. No help from Cummins, got the gaskets from NAPA