I bought this 503A grader this winter. It has a UD-236IH diesel. It started poorly and didn't run very well once it did start. Found out that the injectors were installed improperly. The glow plug was below the injector line instead of above as I found out on another site that plug needs to be above. When I took the injectors out, I found 4 of the 6 leaking, so I put 6 rebuilt in and new glow plugs too. Now it starts and runs great. Hope to do some grading on small private roads in the summer. FWD
Galion Tire size ? Hello FWD, What size tires are there on it ? Northart
Northart, It has 7.50 X 20 tires. They are new, very little if any use. The tires were on it when I got it. According to opts manual, that's the standard size. FWD
That's a sharp looking little Galion, I think she deserves a paint job.
I ran the crap out of these in the service. They are a nice little machine.
Tire size Hello FWD, I have a Cat 212 grader with 7:50 x 20 tires on the front. The rims were rusted real bad, the old tires were petrified, so I had to cut them off. Had this strange lock ring on it, I never seen before. Anyway. cleaned them up and put new tires and tubes on. But was trying to find some new rims , looked like your Galion might have the same rims. Thanks, Northart
Tires on 212 I've seen some photos of 212's with 24.5 truck tires. Don't know if they work well or not. I have a 212 and at over $400 a tire for a 10 x 24 it's not really a bargain machine. I'm thinking of seeing if I can adapt 24.5 Dayton style rims to the cast center disc. Any one every try this? LB
Tires, wheels, rims Hello Leaky Boot, View my post #14 in Old Iron under , Lock Rings and rusty ...
Nice looking grader FWD-your user name and location got my attention,Ihave some FWD trucks and live in northern minnesota.My grader is not that nice though.