Help! Looking for someone who may be able to identify the IH gas engine in a grader. I recently bought a Galion 503 grader with a 6 cylinder gas engine. Engine ran great until it broke a rod and busted the block behind the carburetor. I need to find out what the engine is before I start looking for parts or a replacement engine. It's an L Head engine. There is an IH cast into the block, so that's a sure thing. The serial number on the grader is "503-HG-04063". There is another metal tag below the rear window with "Model K5" and "Serial 1849". There is also a number cast into the block "236191R1". That is about all the info I have. I have attached pics of the engine to help identify. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
For those that run across the same problem, I have ID'd the engine. It's an IH BG241 truck engine. The number is located behind the generator next to the timing cover on a flat spot on the block. The BG stands for "blue gray" noting the color of the engine. Hope this helps!