Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Galion A450E transmission electrical issue

KTRasch ยท 2025-07-08 14:03

My machine has what I suspect as a wiring or solenoid problem, it works part of the time in 2nd forward and reverse. I can't find a book on this. I think it is a Funk but not sure. Help on this is greatly appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1KTRasch2025-07-14 17:45

    Possibly I did not provide enough detail. The trans works in all gears except 2nd which works off and on. It has 6 speeds forward and 3 reverse.

  2. #2reganj2025-07-14 20:54

    I am going to suggest provide the machine serial number so the smart folk here can guide you.

  3. #3cuttin edge2025-07-15 13:58

    Did they become Dresser

  4. #4KTRasch2025-07-21 16:58

    Galion became Dresser then Komatsu. My machine serial number is: GD-F-11149 Does anyone have a location to purchase parts for this machine?

  5. #5bigrus2025-12-31 08:25

    Weller Tractor Spares. Kansas. I was buying parts for mine there My A 450E serial # G700001109 built Brazillian build, 1988 Put up some photos of your selector. If you are lucky the fault could be in the micro switches in the controller. My trans is an 18000 series Clark. I might have a book on the Funk somewhere

  6. #6KTRasch2025-12-31 13:42

    I appreciate the info, meanwhile I sold the machine, problem solved. Thanks again.

  7. #7bigrus2025-12-31 15:22

    Did you locate the issue? I having issues with mine