Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Galion grader

Ryan H ยท 2015-05-14 11:08

I have a 118c galion grader. its stuck in reverse and on oil in the trany. what oil do I put in the trany and where to I fill it at?

Replies1
  1. #1dirtfan2015-05-16 08:18

    I'm not sure about the 118, (how old is this grader?), but the old 500T had a fill plug on the side of the transmission and also a check plug. You would fill from the top plug until oil came out of the lower one, then it was full. The type of oil would depend on whether you have a manual shift (80 wt to 90 wt) or an automatic trans (maybe a good non-detergent (10 wt or 30 wt). You should probably check with a service shop or online for exact oil specs. Some of the newer oils have additives that will damage old oil seals.