Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Galion T-500 Grade O Matic

rick nelson ยท 2017-08-13 16:47

I have a Galion T-500 Grade O Matic . I am trying to find out if they used the same transmissions in the Grade O Matic's and what type of transmission is in it. Also need to know what type of fluid I would use? I can drive it in high speed, high range but the slightest hill will slow it down to nothing. Same thing in the high range low speed. Any help on what to look for. I have a Case tractor with the Case O Matic that acts the same way when it's low on fluid Thanks in advance Rick

Replies4
  1. #1rick nelson2017-08-13 17:14

    Opps I took a look underneath and found it is a Clark Transmission and the two pet cocks leak oil if I open them. So would this mean the oil level is OK?

  2. #2RMXR2017-08-15 02:48

    There might be something here you can use. Scroll down to Galion Graders. http://www.steeringclutch.com/transmissiondiscsGALION.htm The attached .pdf may have something too. Gary

  3. #3rick nelson2017-08-15 10:06

    RMXR Wow thats some good information. Thanks very much

  4. #4rick nelson2017-08-31 23:05

    I am curious if it is common on the older graders to be equipped with the blade side shift , the blade assembly side shift, blade tilt, scarifier and front blade lift. This grader came with the snow wing also. Thanks Rick