Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Galion T500 Tranny Slip

valleyforge ยท 2017-11-17 07:45

My Galion T500 has worked faithfully for nearly a dozen years, but it has started to slip badly in the forward direction. Reverse still works just fine, but you can't get all that much done going in that direction. The transmission fluids are filled to the top of the inspection port with ATF. I am uncertain if the problem is the transmission or the torque converter. Some older transmissions have the an adjustment capability, but I don't think this one does. This is a Grade-o-Matic, with a Cummins engine and a T500A chassis. Has anyone any suggestions?

Replies3
  1. #1max mac2017-11-19 23:07

    the T500A has a Clark transmission with a driveshaft between the converter and the transmission. Place in forward gear and lower blade to stall machine. If the wheels aren't turning but the driveshaft is, then the transmission is slipping. If the wheels aren't turning and the driveshaft isn't turning then it is the converter

  2. #2valleyforge2017-11-20 00:13

    Thanks max mac, I will check it out asap.

  3. #3Silveroddo2017-11-21 22:31

    Thanks for that description. Not having any issues buts its a useful bit of information