Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gaps between radiator, oil cooler and ac condenser on 580sl

Doug580l ยท 2019-04-01 14:10

I am replacing the radiator on a Case 580sl with ac. The oil cooler and condenser hook up to the radiator and there are slots to adjust the distance between each one. Should they be close together or further apart? Also, whatever seals or foam there was on the radiator and oil cooler are gone. Should they be replaced? Nothing runs hot at all now, the only issue is with the ac system not cooling after running a while in hot/humid weather. As always, I appreciate the help. Thanks, Doug

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-04-02 10:36

    This link is for am SE but it is the same situation. HeavyEquipmentForums AC compressor belt tight ? Low system pressure due to it needing Freon ?

  2. #2Doug580l2019-04-02 20:37

    Thanks for the information. I'm going to get the baffles and install them. I'm pretty sure the belt is tight. I put in a new compressor, dryer, blower, belt and some regulator switch in the roof area last year. I also used a vacuum pump, tested it for leaks and added compressor oil and freon. First time I did any ac work, hoping I did it right. It worked great for about the first 30 or 40 hours then it would work good for the first few hours of the day and get worse as the day went on. Now that I'm thinking about it, the ac warning light would come on sometimes. If I turned the ac off and back on the light usually stayed off for a while. I guess I should recheck the pressure when the machine is running again.