Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gas Explosion on the Plaza

hvy 1ton ยท 2013-02-19 21:54

Big gas line explosion fire in KC. Utility was digging up the gas line when the explosion occured. http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/car-hits-gas-line-sparks-explosion-on-country-club-plaza

Replies12
  1. #102Dmax2013-02-19 22:12

    Just saw Johnny Dare post something about this on fb. Hope the 3 unaccounted are ok. I wonder how many of the injured were utility guys.

  2. #2JBGASH2013-02-20 07:46

    Was it MGE that was doing the digging or a contractor? Also hear that a car hit some type of gas piping there and may have caused the issue to begin with. Hope the missing employee is found OK.

  3. #302Dmax2013-02-20 08:41

    Story is that a car hit the gas main at 6 o'clock. And the news said it was a utility contractor but who knows.

  4. #4Tiny2013-02-20 10:31

    ...

  5. #5Tiny2013-02-20 10:42

    News people were all over the place , all of them guessing . Last thing I heard was a car hit a meter and the utility guys were using the hoe to fold the lines over to slow the leak . Only the investigation will know .

  6. #6Tiny2013-02-20 11:11

    Picture of the place from before , there are at least 3 unguarded gas meters / regulators

  7. #7Tiny2013-02-20 11:53

    A view from where my future daughter in law works ...

  8. #8Tiny2013-02-20 11:58

    Update from the KMBC website " Body was found in the bar area "

  9. #9Tiny2013-02-20 12:14

    .....

  10. #10heavylift2013-03-02 08:07

    Last story I read it was a boring contractor working with out the necessary permits. I can't recall the exact name , but it was Midwest something?, from Olathe Ks.

  11. #11Tiny2013-05-18 09:48

    It's bad that it took something like this to change the way they react to a gas leak . In the last few weeks I have heard the news people talking about 2 different gas leaks around Kansas City in which they evacuated a 1/4 mile square area .

  12. #12Tiny2013-06-19 21:24

    Finally got down to this area . Took a few pics . I was hauling a few things to the building right across the street . There was fire damage to the glass and precast on it . From the sounds of things everyone is getting sued . Radio today spoke of some lawyers that are investigating and they are still 30 days from getting test results back from a lab . The building behind the restaurant is damaged more than I thought and appears to be unoccupied