I have a fiat allis fd30 that accidentally had 5 gals of 75-90 gear oil added to the wet clutch/bevel gear. The book shows that it is a common system with wet steering clutches, brakes, and Bevel gear, and holds roughly 42 gals of oil. Normally calls for 10w motor oil. Haven’t been able to find out if the 5 gals of ep gear oil will have a damaging effect on the clutches, or if I should be dropping the oil and changing it asap. Thanks
change it , should flush to . I put 50 grade oil in a D7D main clutch and found it would not release properly untill the oil heated up ,in spite of having a good cluth brake band . Your issues will be different but worse , bigger job to replace steering clutch fibers
Yeah, been thinking I might as well just bite the bullet and change the oil and filters. Was coming up due anyway I suppose.
Don't think that little bit would hurt anything the seals in the clutch throw outs are just big square rings two in each side and it shouldn't hurt the clutch discs either. We used to run 30wt or 15-40 in the HD 30 the 40 and 50 all the time all the time especailly in the cool weather
Well that’s good to hear. I was more worried about the gear lube additives harming the steering clutch discs.
But thinking about it now, it doesn’t harm the friction discs when it is in a limited slip differential, so I suppose it shouldn’t do any harm
Well, I looked out in the shed and found a barrel of 10w I forgot I had, so I changed the oil and filters today, just for my piece of mind. This way it’s done, and I don’t have to worry about it.