Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gearco 37739 transmission

Daniel Healy ยท 2019-10-27 10:52

1989 710 grader with Gearco 37739 transmission... I have all reverses, shifts like it should but only have 1 forward 2nd gear. Any suggestion? Any help would be appreciated....

Replies9
  1. #1Daniel Healy2019-10-27 21:30

    I might have the wrong model number but it is Gearco transmission.

  2. #2laycobeau2019-10-28 11:46

    Is there any error codes on shift box when you select a gear it will not shift to? most 710's had a 8400 trans.

  3. #3Daniel Healy2019-10-28 22:06

    The indicator lite on shift box does not work so I am not sure what is going on. The reason I think the only forward gear I have is 2nd is when I'm in reverse I shift down to 1st then have to shift up once to get it to go forward it won't move in any other gear

  4. #4laycobeau2019-10-29 10:47

    Do you have the serial number on the grader. Is it 12volt?

  5. #5Daniel Healy2019-10-29 22:36

    I have the serial number it's 710A 157 672 19559 89 but I do not know if it is 12 or 24 volt I'll check it out

  6. #6laycobeau2019-10-31 11:00

    That sn# should be 12volt system. On attached soleno View attachment upload_2019-10-31_9-59-22.png ids should be between 5 and 8.5 ohms

  7. #7laycobeau2019-10-31 11:01

    View attachment upload_2019-10-31_10-0-35.png

  8. #8laycobeau2019-10-31 11:06

    View attachment upload_2019-10-31_10-6-19.png

  9. #9Daniel Healy2019-11-03 09:36

    Thanks for the help so far. I haven't had a chance to look the machine over. I was backing it home and it started to articulate on it's own made it kinda hard to drive so I parked it at a friend's place going to try to get it home today and look it over. It has a breaker box on right side by shifter do you think the problem could be there thanks