Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gease fitting size on JD

born2ride ยท 2014-09-18 17:18

The machine has a few broken grease fitting. So I went to Napa and matched up a few sizes sSAE and metric. Both of them only screw a turn then stop .. I can force them in I am sure but would like to know the correct thread pitch. Recommendation? Machine JD 310 E

Replies3
  1. #1willie592014-09-18 21:18

    Are we somewhere around the size of 1/8" National Pipe Thread fittings?

  2. #2born2ride2014-09-18 21:41

    Willie59 I think you are right on the NPT totally forgot that one.. They are 1/8",, I will double check them in am!! Thanks

  3. #3willie592014-09-18 22:10

    Well, I'm not sure what Deere used on those machines, but there's three types in around that size; 1) 1/8" NPT, very common at a parts store like NAPA 2) a metric thread, I think it's 10mm, don't recall the pitch, still a fairly common fitting at a parts store 3) 1/8" BSPT, not easy to find in a parts store BTW, none of these three really interchange with the others, they come close, but no cigar. If you have a Deere dealer near you, pick up one or two of the proper fittings, then you can match them up to parts house fittings.