Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl 4500 points… where to get them?

Krizzle ยท 2012-09-11 21:23

Hello, trying to find the correct points for my Gehl HL4500. Tried NAPA but we could only attempt to match pictures. Where or who can I contact to get a specific part number? It has the Ford gas I98 engine. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks MK

Replies4
  1. #1willie592012-09-11 22:29

    Isn't that a KSG-416 engine? Go to an Ag tractor parts dealer, preferably one that deals with Ford engines, they have way more knowledge of Ford industrial engines than do auto parts stores. Auto parts stores, even NAPA, don't have much in the way of application searches for industrial engines.

  2. #2stumpjumper832012-09-12 06:35

    Tell them you have a ford festiva... same motor. If that doesnt work call binkley & hurst in lititz, pa & get them to send you a set then remember the #.

  3. #3ScottAR2012-09-13 22:52

    If you can get the part# of the distributor, I may be able to help. In the catalog at work, they list several contact sets but only use the part # of the distributor.

  4. #4ScottAR2012-09-14 20:48

    I had a little more time today to look into this. contact set: A101 or A101V condensor: G590 dist. cap: C550 Rotor: D607 12v coil: E70 Anyone who handles Standard ignition parts or Borg Warner ignition parts (same thing) should be able to get these or interchange to something they have. HTH If these don't work out, post again. I'll try again.