Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl 5635 problem

xkvator ยท 2007-02-03 15:36

a friend of mine called me to see if i can drag his skid out of the woods for him. he says he tries to start it & it seems like the hydraulics are engaged, keeping the engine from turning... he said it happened once before...he moved one of the t-bars and it started then. sounds like a spool hasn't returned to the open position... any suggestions

Replies10
  1. #1lbhenri2007-05-24 13:44

    Yes, it sounds like a hydraulic valve spool is not returning to neutral. The (right) T-bar linkage for the lift and tilt functions is easy to see if it is hanging up, so most likely it is the auxiliary hydraulic valve spool, which is activated by a pedal. I'd suggest lubricating the pedal and linkage, which is probably sticking.

  2. #2Countryboy2007-05-27 19:01

    Welcome to HEF lbhenri! :drinkup

  3. #3crosswind2009-06-23 13:19

    Gehl I also have a Gehl 66?? that will not start. It is sitting out in my field , used it for about 20 min,shut it off and now it has power to the Ing. sw but will not crank. I am an auto mechanic by trade but not much experience with the heavy equipment. Is there a way I can tow this machine back to the shop without damaging it??? I am aware that it has some solenoids onthe hyd. system for safety. Could one of these be an issue??? Thanks for any help.

  4. #4crosswind2009-06-24 17:37

    After looking at this machine again,I think mine problem is also related to the left hand joy stick. My question is 1. I tried to jump the posts at the starter and still get a no crank condition. 2. Is there a way I can by-pass or disable the left hand joy stick soleniod to enable this machine to crank. Sorry , not trying to highjack the thread but I am new to the forum and it won't let me start a new thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I ned to get this machine out of my field and back up to the house and shop so I can fix it properly.

  5. #5crosswind2009-06-24 17:44

    Need help with no start please. Thanks.

  6. #6bill onthehill2009-06-25 03:45

    does this machine have the deutz deisel? what is the exact model #. I have a 4640 with a deutz. Does it have the aux hydraulic pedal on the floor? There are several safety switches for seatbelt and lapbar on mine.

  7. #7crosswind2009-06-25 22:10

    Gehle Not sure but I believe it is a Deutz engine. The model is a 6625.The seat safety switch has been disabled but the safety bar and switch still work. Yes it does have the aux. pedel on the floor. Bill I appreciate the feedback.

  8. #8HB-RD-Shop2009-06-26 17:21

    Might sound stupid, but have you checked the battery and connections to the starter. Did you make sure that the controls were in the neutral position like they talked about, and the lap bar is down. I had a teacher that told me "KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid" :duh

  9. #9Gage2009-12-03 21:03

    KISS (LOL) Thats Cool Man

  10. #10cumminspower2009-12-29 01:57

    I have a 2001 or 2002 Gehl 5635 DXT Skidloader and I am having an odd set of issues. It is trying to crank and start on its own without the ignition being turned on. I installed a new ignition switch and it is still having this problem. It drained the battery and now whenever i try to hook up jumpercables to the battery it starts cranking the instant the cables are hooked up but now will not start..just cranks. If anyone could be of any help i would greatly appreciate it.