First off, wanted to say all you guys are great help. Some of the other forums have guys that are jerks just because they can be. Anywho... Gehl 7810. lots of people have had trouble, I agree it's a POS. in the meantime it's 95deg in Oklahoma and the air conditioner keeps going out. Apparently the bolts that mount the compressor keep sheering off and it's just dangling there. I've had it repaired 4 times and the mechanic tells me "it's just designed to fail, no way to prevent it." I have little faith in his abilities, and none in his advise. Has anyone had similar problems and have and actual solution rather than a ****** excuse? appreciate all the help. TJ
try useing stainless steel bolts there a higher grade bolt other than that i cant help you good luck
Might be a big help for us if you posted some pics of the compressor in it's mounting as we don't know what we're working with.
Grade 8s?
stainless steel is grade9
broke completely off today. back to the dealer to get fixed again. I'll get some pictures when I get it back.
I'm having the same problem with one of my two machines.
might have to custom fab a bracket to put a stop to it just because it comes from the factory dont mean its right i should know worked in a welding one for years stuff gets f###ed just send it out not right but thats the way it goes
Right off hand I suspect that you have some type of vibration issue. Belt tension alone can't do it. Try to watch the belt or tensioner (if equipped) with the AC running, you are looking for whipping. Try with the engine at WOT through about 700rpm lower. You could try a new belt, new tensioner or slightly reduce the engine speed. If there is no tensioner try a different belt tension. ISZ