Interesting and expensive lesson. Changed oil on my skid loader and after the change, no throttle. Check engine light is on and throttle is dead idle only.. Everything indicated a tps (throttle position sensor) multiple calls to service and a new $350 tps and funny thing is new one does the same. Guys my original one was fine and pulled out of adjustment. I held the linkage are about 1 deg off the stop while starting and whalla, works fine! New one acts the same way. If the tps is on its internal stops it will throw a code and no throttle. I had my operator sit in and start the machine while I held the uninstalled tps just off its internal stop and engine light off and full throttle operation. Let it touch its internal stop for a second and check engine and no throttle. It's an adjustment. Even the dealer top service guy is clueless. You can thank me for spending my $350 so you don't have to.
Well thanks man!!!
Lol. My pleasure
I know I will catch a lot of flak for that!!! But : 4 out 5 dealer techs - are clueless!!! And the fifth one so busy running around fixing the first four screw-ups, and he don’t have time to talk to you!!!
You only catch flak when your wrong. LOL
jimbo40 thank you so much for this post. I'm a new member as of a few minutes ago. I have a SL7810 that i have been pulling my hair out over the same issue. I was running it a couple of months ago and boom all of a sudden it went to idle and wouldn't throttle up for nothing. I replaced the tps, timing sensor, and ran all sorts of wiring checks. Nothing worked. I've called all over trying to find something out. My next step was either the ECM or Fuel Injection Pump. I came in this afternoon after fooling with it this morning and ran across your post. Went straight out and did what you said and that fixed it. Thank you again!