Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

gehl ct 60 possible fuel cut off problems

ed beahm ยท 2025-10-22 09:58

My symptom is, unit will turn over but not start sometimes. must turn key to off position, then will start. I was thinking the fuel shout off could be failing. Does anyone have wisdom and experience concerning this problem? Thanks

Replies17
  1. #1Simon C2025-10-22 14:35

    Post a serial number of the machine. Would be good if you could get a schematic as a few of us could then give you some test points to make an accurate diagnosis before firing the parts cannon. Simon C

  2. #2ed beahm2025-10-22 15:15

    21307292 Thanks

  3. #3ed beahm2025-10-22 15:36

    I found a wiring diagram for a 5625 but it looks different than mine.

  4. #4PeterG2025-10-22 17:28

    Same machine as Takeuchi TL130. Check that the water separator inlet elbow is not clogged. Is there a strainer cup in the fuel tank? I had taken mine out to make it easier to add fuel. Of course this added a lot of contamination debris into the fuel tank. Is the fuel filter new? I added and inline fuel filter per the suggestion on this site. Try adding some heat by turning the key to the left and throttle level to quarter power on. Does it stall once it's running, or run well?

  5. #5Simon C2025-10-22 18:46

    Was looking at the schematic for a TL150 and not sure if your's is the same. There is a Air Heater and Air heater timer, Stop solenoid , Safety relay and a fuse panel along with Diodes that can fail. Have you checked all the fuses, fusible links. Would like to see if the TL130 schematic is different or not. Do you have a decent multimeter to start testing. Simon C

  6. #6heymccall2025-10-22 19:18

    I still start at the BE31-107 relays and their failed solder joints.

  7. #7ed beahm2025-10-23 09:41

    21307292 Thanks

  8. #8ed beahm2025-10-23 09:54

    I found a wiring diagram for a 5625 but it looks different than mine.

  9. #9ed beahm2025-10-23 09:58

    Ok, I will check the water inlet. No, it does not have a strainer in the fuel cup. I have 3 fuel filters installed. I tried the glow plugs this morning, it acted differently, it started, ran for 2 seconds, and died. I turned the key to the off position and then it started.

  10. #10ed beahm2025-10-23 10:03

    No, mine does not have a air heater. I have checked fuses and links, connections. Yes I have a good meter. Is there a easy way to test the power to the fuel injector with the cab down? Thanks.

  11. #11ed beahm2025-10-23 10:04

    Thank you, where are those relays located at?

  12. #12heymccall2025-10-23 11:24

    Sitting cab, above your feet. This thread has the solder issue on page 1. TL130 Fuel Stop Solenoid I have a 2004 TL130 that I have been dealing with for some time. Like many of the threads I have ready, I am not getting power to the red wire of the stop solenoid. I have continuity from the red wire on the K relay to the red wire at the fuel stop relay, but no power coming from the that pin... HeavyEquipmentForums J&L iirc. They'll be the only ones that come apart. Ech will have a built in connector and 2 pigtails.

  13. #13ed beahm2025-10-23 11:29

    Thank you, this is helpful knowing where and what to test.

  14. #14PeterG2025-10-23 11:30

    Heymccall which relay would be bad? Per your suggestion once, I swapped BE31-107 relays to see if that would solve the problem. It did, but rather than getting out the sodering gun, I purchased a new one from my dealer. At the time it was like $60.00

  15. #15ed beahm2025-10-23 11:41

    Which 2 relays do I switch? j and l ?

  16. #16heymccall2025-10-23 11:55

    There are only 2. They'll both have "BE31-*** clearly visible, and will match the above description. None of the other relays come apart.

  17. #17ed beahm2025-10-23 17:35

    okay, thanks