I have been doing a state fencing job for the past week or so and have rented a gehl CTL 60. So Far I like it alot and am considering buying one. Does anyone have any experience with the gehl CTL's?
Takeuchi makes the CTL for Gehl and Mustang. I demo'd a Mustang 150 size and a Takeuchi 140 size. The machines were the same design wise, except color. The 150 size machine is the better one. It has more weight and better traction - the 140 size machine would spin its tracks more under a load. I like Takeuchi, I think they make a very good CTL and mini-ex, although I do not own a Takeuchi (the Bobcat T250 is still kicking and $$$ is always in short supply). The layout of the cab was very spacious, the A/C would freeze H2O and the controls were very responsive. I really like the Takeuchi undercarriage design. It is more like a dozer, unlike Cat/ASV and Bobcat (to some degree). My T250 will pack dirt and rocks around the sprocket making it a PITA to clean out. The Cat/ASV - well they have their problems and their place - just not in my line of work.
i have a gehl ctl 70. this machine has the easiest and smoothest controls that i've ever seen in a skidsteer/ctl. the drive motors are real powerful. cab is big. noise is a little louder than i'd like(radio headphones solve that problem). most of it comes from the direct metal to metal track design. it is durable though.
the controls of the ctl60 i have been using is what got me turned on to them I like it alot does anyone have anything bad too say about them