anyone have experience with them. maybe looking into getting one, ive ran bobcat and cat track machines and imo the cat is way a head of the bobcat. so bobcat is out of the question and so is every one that as the similar track system, they ride like crap. the cat is pricy but i really like how smooth it is. so i looked at asv still pricy but they have the same track system ( i know they make it for cat) and they use cats pilot controls, and sitting in one they seem the have better visablity. just looking for pros and cons
The nice ride comes at a price. The nonsuspended machines have fewer moving parts and are much simpler. The suspended machines have many wear points. They are quiet and ride nice they just cost much more to maintain in most applications. Some guys are willing to pay that price, others after running the suspended machines will probably never again own one. All depends on what your applicaton is and whether it is worth the extra cost. If you want one try Iron Planet. They move them out cheap.
The new SR70 and SR80 as well as the new CAT "C" series uses a new suspended track system. All the bogie wheels articulate. It really puts the power to the ground and is a smooth ride. I have no idea how well they hold up compared to the previous models. I have demoed them and really like how they work. Time will tell if they are reliable under most circumstances.
I own two machines, an ASV RC50 and a Bobcat S220. I was a Bobcat salesman for over 8 years and I've seen/heard and experienced both sides of the fence now. My first suggestion would be for you to demo the machines that fit the size, ROC, hydraulic flows, and engine hp's that best fit your application. The argument of which type of system (nonsuspended and suspended) costs more, is more complex vs. simple, etc. has been beaten to death on this and other threads. I will give you my opinion and experiences so far, and I'm sure others will too. I don't completely buy into the fact that the ASV system costs more to operate compared to the unsuspended system. I sold the Bobcat tracked machines and maintain close ties to many of the salesmen I used to work with who still sell them, or have moved on to other dealers that sell other brands, most notably CASE and JD. All of them get pretty much the same track life(750-1000 hours) since they all come new with the Bridgestone tracks. I have over 1500 hours on my RC50 tracks and ultimately bought an ASV based on what I was seeing in the field and selling against. Of course, much of any track life can be controlled by the operator in the seat. Additionally, my ASV salesman just returned from the annual dealer meeting in which ASV released a program that reduces their undercarriage costs by as much as 40%. I am still waiting to see the details from him so that I can make my own determination. I will be the first to say that the ASV cabs are not as nice as the CAT of some of the others, but they are perfectly comfortable and in my opinion perform better than most of the others including CAT. I think it is because ASV focuses only on building tracked machines and not adapting a skid steer to fit to tracks (widths, ground clearances, hp to weight ratios, ground speeds, etc.). Once again, I think you need to check the machines out in the type of application you would be using the machine in. And of course, these are only my experiences. I'm sure others will chime in too. Good luck in your search.
IMO the ASV is lighter on its feet than all other compact loaders.The cycle times of the RC-60 are great.They are real quick.The fit and finnish is not as good as the cat,but you pay for that too!I think ASV's are a great machine
They can , but that isn't given. ASV designed two UC for its SR series -- the ISR-4 and FSR-4. The ISR is completely independent suspension (bogies and torsion axles), but the FSR-4 has four-track roller frame-mounted bogies (much as the four rollers on any competitive machine are firmly-mounted to the UC). FSR-4 does, however, retain the torsion axles, so there still is one level of suspension.
I have run every size asv made. rc30 to the monster rc100 plus both sr70 and 80 models. these things are awsome. the ride is great and the power is smooth. dont let the rubber undercarrige parts intimidate you. they hold up well even on pavement. and if you run in the woods you can get aluminum bogie and idler wheels. that last longer. hey. lets not forget these are track loaders i never got more than 1,800 hrs of a metal undercarrige on my case 450. check out the asv challenge video at the mbtractor website.
Asv Rc30 I have owned an RC30 for almost 3 years and I'm still in love with the machine. I can't count the number of jobs I've done that my RC30 was the ONLY machine that could do the job. Even with just the torsion bar suspension the machine is extremely stable, and the ride is much more comfortable than any of the competition. ASV is the only company that offers a machine the size of the RC30, and on many of the cluttered jobsites I've worked, size does matter.
I don't buy the assumption that the new suspended undercarriage will be more expensive to maintain....not in the least. To my mind the suspension will reduce the shock and impact load on many components as well as improving the effective tractive contact area. I think my spine would be worth it. The guys I have met running on rubber tracks all have said the same thing...it depends more on the nut behind the butt than the brand of machine.....and if you drive it the same as a skid you will pay.
It is true that much depends on the operator. The new undercarriage may be more robust, time will tell. The last generation of undercarriage is weak. Plastic idlers, the tension system was ridiculous.
backing up I have a bobcat and was thinking of an ASV. I walked around their dealership and noticed three in for radiator repair or replacement from backing into stuff. There's no protection back there. I'm going to the Cat guys tomorrow. They have the big heavy door on the back like the Bobcats.I'm constantly backing into trees and brush so thats important to me. Doesn't matter what suspension you have if you are crashing thru the woods like we are and stick a limb thru the rear end. also that plastic is too fragile for us. Maybe I should just be more careful. Anyone running a Cat 297c out there?
I can imagine that in a brush cutting environment the radiator/cooler would be a concern, but I have seen ASVs with factory brush guards for machines used in the woods and brush cutting. I've seen and talked to an old Bobcat customer of mine that is running a new CAT 297C. He loves the cab, but said the ground clearance is terrible, just over 8 inches. He uses the CAT mulcher and is constantly hanging up on things. The CAT salesman told him that the machines flotation wouldn't make the ground clearance an issue. He also said that the machine's width has been an issue a few times in the woods. I have only tensioned my tracks 4 times in over 1,500 hours. I was skeptical too of the "turnbuckle", but because of the way the system is designed you just don't need to tension the tracks very often, and when you do it only takes about 10 minutes for both sides. I can also tell you that I replaced plenty of Bobcat "steel" idlers in the 800-1,000 hour time frame (I've replaced 4 rear "plastic" idlers in 1,500 hours at about $100 each). The problem with the steel idlers was that they were so blasted expensive, $500+. One of the salesmen I used to work with at the Bobcat dealership now works for a Case dealer, and the timeframe on their steel idlers is still around the same before you start to see some of them go bad. I think its the impact that they absorb at 7mph without a suspension. I can't imagine a D5 undercarriage lasting too long at those speeds either.
No one has the ground clearance of an ASV (or even Takeuchi, for that matter)... it's kinda sad. But either way, that's an interesting comment... not always true.
thanks for the replys. i have been to a dealer and sat in the machines the rc30 looks like a nice little machine but if i get one it would be more the rc85 or rc 100 size. the bigger ones are the ones i was saying i think have a nicer cab than cat. now for the sr70 and 80 sitting in them i did like the gauges in the lap bar but the cab isn't as roomy. for the clearing brush statements thats all i've ever seen asv's doing and the forestry package looks like it keeps everything covered nicely. this is one of the thing i'd like to do if i get one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpLS87mOnNI
my boss was just looking at buying a new CTL he demo'd an 08 Cat 257 B2 and it was nice but the track system isnt the best....costs too much to replace and they say you have to power wash the crap outta the tracks out of every use which would be a pain.....it was also lacking power....he ended up buying a new Case 440CT which has nice guards around the tracks like a dozer and its alot cheaper to replace....it also has alot more power...this is like 86 horse and the Cat was low 70's......Case has an option to get the "Cat ISO Control Pattern" all your movement in left joystick and bucket functions in the right if your not a fan of the normal "H" pattern....i will be posting pics shortly
In all honesty, the 257 was garbage in every series and I don't think the BII series has changed that. Underpowered was the biggest complaint heard from owners, my dad could have picked up a 257B with a cab, no air, 200-300 hours that was '05 or '06 for like $22K and I talked him out of it. 257's were junk the day they left the factory. The 277B, I feel, is the best MTL Cat produces. The 287 is vertical lift, it's way long, substantially heavier, not a bad machine but with the same powerplant as the 277 all you gain is the ability to load trucks. The 277B is just perfect IMO. Radial lift, lots of ground clearance, decent visibility for a machine its size and plenty of power. We had a 277B but sold it, just too much machine for our landscape crew. When I was using it on excavation jobs I loved it, when it was coupled with our 312 it basically replaced a backhoe and could go more places, faster, and smoother.
Duramax, i think you made a good decision. I had a 257B and it was numb on power . Have a 445CTL Case now and its got all kinds of power . I realize these arent in the same class. But i think you will like the power of the Case machine.
I did a little searching but I couldn't find any comments about these videos here on the forum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYT8lQN6YU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--4p49ESIEo Is it the sophisticated suspension of the ASV that makes the difference? Or is it a totally different rubbercompound in the track that is the secret? (I do know that "snow compounds" for car tires makes a huge difference!) Either way, Edgar Hetteen, founder of ASV probably has the answer as he is also the founder of Arctic Cat and Polaris... http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/ASV-Inc-Company-History.html I have zero experience with skidsteers and ctl's but I find the discussion here very good and interesting.
I can tell you that nothing pushes soft sand like an ASV. I do a lot of beach renourishment. The ASV payloads and pushes three times the bucket capacity up 3:1 slopes all day. Other machines in side by side couldn't even payload through the transition let alone climb the same slope with a load. Pushing? forget it. This would be fine silica, round, with difficult lock up.
ASV 100 in trouble I know this is not the place to put this, and Im not knocking ASV, but I heard a funny story today. A guy in my area just bought a new ASV 100, he had put about 20 hrs. on it himself, so he decided to hire a new operator, about 4 hrs in the first day, the owner got a call to bring a wrecker. The new hire was cutting around a ditch and he was aproaching the ditch, with the head all the way up, Yep!!! head first in the ditch, BUTT end looking at the sun, engine still running, until it ran out of oil and the engine locked up. For some reason the ASV wouldnt warranty the engine, operator said I guess I messed up. Around $12,000.00 later, it was back in operation, Yep!!!! new operator I really dont think thats funny, but just another story about what us owners put up with.
I would think any modern machine would shut itself off when oil pressure was lost. THen again I would also think someone would be smart enough to shut it off after doing a face plant.
u can't teach common sense:Banghead
Sometimes, though, the engine won't turn off -- it'll just keep belching smoke burned from the oil injested into the engine.
ASV's rubber is softer than the "others", the "others" use a harder rubber that lasts longer BUT, they need to spin their tracks more to get the same traction that ASV gets with even less spinning, that's why that ASV was pushing that T250 in the snow. If that was done on pavement, the ASV would not move, but the intense grip wouldn't even let the Bobcat push the ASV anywhere, the Bobcat would just sit there and stall. The older ASV undercarriages were a freaking nightmare to clean and maintain, but now that CAT is behind ASV with 23% ownership, the undercarriages last longer and are much easier to clean and replace individual parts. With that said, the ASV tracks will tear and shred just as easily, IF you put a real "nutt behind the butt", the kind of guy that has only ever operated a SSL with tires, first time you throw this idiot in an ASV equipped machine his first words will be "Dude, this thing is a friggin' tank......" and it won't last long. The operator has to use the machine as though it is a loader with rubber tires, always keep and eye out for obstacles that can tear open a rubber tire and don't get carried away and bury the tracks in rock and gravel larger than 3 inches in size. I just bought my 247 MTL Cat this past week and I know I have to really change my habits and styles of operating, but I'll never go back to Bobcat or any rigid frame CTL ever again, the vibrations just kill me at the end of the day, the ASV is a real reward for all the years I've had to put up with the vibrations, but it will come with a price, but I'm independently wealthy and everything I own is paid for. I did a real sweet comparison between CAT and my T190 on another "certain" site, but some weird rule doesn't allow me to post the link.
With a few clicks of the mouse, you could copy it and paste it in here.
I'd need a better excuse.
Your call. :beatsme
I'll make a separate thread on it, there's still some more items I left out, like under the cab.
True, the run away situation where the engine runs ungoverned on the lube oil. I wonder if that happened? Then the only way to shut it off is to block the intake or exhaust.
We use an RC100 for mulching brush with a Loftness head...had the machine for over a year..have the forestry kit..no complaints at all...check my other posts for pics..
The 440 tracked machine is an animal as is the wheeled machine. You will not lack for power. The fuel consumption is also reasonable considering the power that it has.
Absolutely worthless comparisons I viewed the video of the two machines on ice pulling on each other. What a waste of time that was, and then, a bunch of you feel that it proved something? Once either machine got its tracks spinning, it was going to be going the other way in a hurry. The machine was easily more "draggable" once the tracks were spinning. Testing tracked machines as I have, in the field, under the conditions you expect to use them in, is relevant. Next time I intend to engage in a tractor pull. I know I'll buy the white one-
That vid was shot to prove the ASV advantage over the CTL tracks, the machine (ASV) actually weighs far less than the Bobcat, so technically, it shouldn't be able to push it at all, but the superior traction system on the ASV allows to to out push any CTL in the slime.
Not picking fights here Ron, though my last post was strongly worded. Beg pardons. Pushing the Bobcat while its tracks were not spinning might have been a test.
No problems, A better test would be on dry pavement, then the Bobcat could certainly out push the ASV, but with a lot of effort though as the ASV still has more rubber on the ground. I left a comment behind like that on that vid on YouTube some time ago and it was mysteriously "removed".
A cat 277, 287, 297 will all run right along with any asv
We saw the new color scheme for ASV at the Minnesota Green Expo. They had a 30, 60 and I think a 70 or 85? in the new colors and they looked real sharp. I know it dosen't help to push dirt better but it would look real cool on the trailer heading to the job.
My 247 isn't happy unless it's buried in 4 feet of sand.
The 247 is a versatile little machine, had it on rent once and loved it.
Yeah it pushes better than the heavier 257 due to less weight.
you can't compare cat to asv, they both use asv's track system. thats like saying my chevy will out pull your gmc
Actually more like full size Chevy to a mid size Chevy, ASV's tracks are matched to the machine, their ground pressure is lower than Cat and their weight distribution is better than Cat, but if you like big cabs and that sexy yellow paint, I still say Cat is better, not by much, but better than ASV.
I was gonna say that!!
I'd like to see how much better the ASV RC50 would push that T250 in the snow with the new aggressive tracks ASV just came out with.
I'm still waiting for the dry surface test, pavement pushing contest.
My bet would be that they would both just sit there and go over drive relief.
Same here. But at least one won't be driving away with a trail of hydraulic oil behind.
so asv just got pretty much bought out by terex... but cat still owns their little part, I found that interesting.
Actually, CAT won't own a single share when/if the rest of the shareholders agree to the Terex deal. According to Terex's webcast to the analysts, CAT has agreed to sell their entire 23% stake in ASV to Terex, but I also understand that CAT may have inked an extension to the current agreement with ASV to supply them undercarriages.
Thanks for clearing that up. i misunderstood the info posted on the asv website.
I hate Cat/ASV loaders The Cats and the ASV might be good in snowy conditions , I don't know as we don't get snow around here , as far as in the dirt , they are not good machines , you see very few of them , people that get them learn fast and dump them off , the undercarriage is not up to wet mud and clay , they get clogged up and the stuff dries and locks the machines rollers up , which eats off the rubber coating off the rollers , whicks makes the tracks get loose beyond the max adjustment , which makes the rubber drive lugs start popping off --did you know there is no steel in a CAt or ASV track , it don't even have any reenforcing wires , you can cut the old track off the machine with a new utility knife blade in 5 passes , which saves time changing a track on one , as they are very hard to change tracks on , I think Takeuchi makes the best loader , Bobcat second , every other brand in bewteen and Cat/ASV is last ----just my 2 cents , don't get mad at the player , get mad at the game
Take a look at the new ASV undercarriages, "self cleaning" is the new word, I traded off my T190 for a Cat 247B2 due to the undercarriage being more able to clean itself and therefor the drive motors will last longer. You have to treat the ASV U/C like a skid steer with rubber tires, you can cut those tires with a knife pretty fast too.
I'm aware of quite a few ASV owners (2 RC50, 1 RC60, 2 RC100s) around here that took their machines down to LA after Katrina for cleanup work in some pretty nasty stuff as you could imagine. None of them mentioned anything about undercarriage issues and they were in pretty nasty clay, silt, mud, concrete, debris, etc. Some of them put some significant hours on their machines too.
Most of the machines that were working on clean up were on top of concrete and asphalt streets and side walks with trash all over it , as clean up crews were not allowed to go onto peoples property , in fact the home owners were required to put the guttings of the houses out past the sidewalks as crews couldn't go onto the lawns , the tracks threads were worn out pretty fast as concrete was 90% of what I seen the clean up do , there was a load of dirt on top the streets but not like construction jobs were the soil is natraul and not filled in with sand like the already had home areas are ----- anything north of Lake Ponchartrain is a rainbow of colors of clay which when spun up in the tracks is like a pudding that turns to concrete when dried out , it will stop the rollers cold , and I have seen a few cases where it needs to be pressure washed out to even get some machines to move , like there is a brake problem ----I still say it's a snow mobile and not a mud runner -------no I have never seen the new self cleaning design , got a link ------
http://www.asvi.com/pdfs/spec_sheets/pt-80_4-page_spec_sheet.pdf That's the newer design that's been out on the Cat's since late '07, also not shown (or mentioned on the ASV site) is the optional single level suspension, no bogies on the rollers and 1 extra set per side, the PT80 pictured has the dual level suspended undercarriage. The idea is that when there is mud and crap on top of the rollers, it just gets expelled PDQ. The older U/C's that ASV bought like the ones on the Cat 267-287B's were the worst, they were the ones that had to be pressure washed out no matter what as there was no where for the caked in mud to get out of. The difference in the U/C's from Cat and ASV is that Cat has metal rollers with rubber laminated to them and you can clearly see the bolts that hold the rollers on to the spindle and bearing assemblies, ASV seems to use the older style plastic(??) rollers with rubber bonded on the smaller U/C's. Cat's U/C: http://cmms.cat.com/cmms/servlet/ca...namicImageServlet?imageid=C186897&imageType=2
On the positive first mpression note , it looks like a better design , much simpler and seems it would be easier to work on , looks like it would hold less dirt , have yet to see one in real life as Cat isn't very well represented down here in the tracked loader catagory and besides Home Depots rental department I don't see any ASV's , most first negavtive impression would be limestone , shell or concrete would play hell crunching around between the bottom rollers , I am still not a fan of rubber over steel on a roller ----to me Takechi's bottom roller flanged end riding on the tracks which have steel plates made into them is the best design out there right now , it last ----------Kubota is coming out with thier version of a track loader , I would bet it will be nice everything Kubota makes seems to be well thought out and built ---I think by ASV/CAT changing it up just goes to prove my point that the design they were running wasn't the " ticket to ride "
The first time I cleaned out my U/C, it was packed with mud, but only on top of the rail, where the spindles run through, and it only took me 3 minutes with a garden hose to clean it out. The conventional style CTL U/C that my T190 had, the drive motor would be completely packed and caked with mud and I had to make sure it always stayed clean as well as there was always mud that got packed between the track and the frame of the chassis, now all the mud and dirt gets dropped down and gets expelled faster.
Asv Sold!! It appears that Terex has bought ASV for $488M:jawdrop That is over 200% of ASV's 2007 sales:crazy It looks like Cat will retain the 5 year exclusive agreement to purchase undercarriage from them but will sell their 23% share holding of ASV. Terex purchases ASV
in our work inviroment, sawdust, mulch and woodchips, the old ASV track style allowd sawdust to pack around everything pushing the track off the rollers, and too they said the ASV had less downforce vs the Deere 332 they bought. That has no problems with anything falling on it or packing anywhere. sawdust piles on the plate covering the idlers but that can be blown off wiht an air hose or brushed off if your out in the back
I do some fair amount of work in the manure every now and then, self cleaning is REAL important to me.
Rc60 Just got a rc60 havn't had too much time with it yet but sofar it seems to be impressive for its size.
I think you'll find that the RC60 is an amazing machine for its size. I used to be a bobcat salesman and they were hell on wheels when I had to demo against them..fast, narrow, tons of traction, good ground clearance and they could climb like nothing else. I no longer sell equipment but I bought a slightly used RC50 and it has been a great machine that has been very dependable and versatile. Nothing pushes snow like it in the winter either.
The biggest problem with the Posi-Track ASV's is the poor visibility out of the cab especially out the sides. They need to make the side windows come down further closer to the tracks. They use solid metal up way too far to where the mesh metal is for the window. Other than that they are great.
I would 2nd this as being my number one complaint about our RC100...very tough to get into tight spaces until you get a good feel for the width of the machine..because you certainly cant see the side of the tracks...especially with the loader arms down or only slightly raised :Banghead
Having never operated any of the larger ASVs, I have no opinion on the visibility issues. My RC30 is excellent in that regard. I have no problem seeing my tracks and can squeeze into places that other machines dare not tread. I guess my only complaint is that ASV doesn't install some sort of rear-view mirror. There are some days that ny neck gets very sore from twisting around to see the back end.
It looks like to me that when they cut in for the side windows they just put the loader bucket on the ground and drew a line across the top of the loader arms and said their is our windows. Every skid steer I have been in the side windows always came down way further then the loader arms. When you are sitting in your machine with the bucket flat on the ground can you see the sides and the bottom of your loader arms? Can you see under the loader arms to see the tracks? Every single ASV I have been in from the 30 all the way to the 100 I could not do any of those things. If they could just fix that and on the vertical lift make the loader arms just a little bit smaller would be great. Their is no reason those arms have to be so big. They are a blind spot for me also. Other than that I like the ASV line up.
No, it didn't I had the time and the conditions to set up a test. I had sales reps bring their machines, knowing the other guys were going to be there, and I sent them all home. The Cat did fair better than the Bobcat and it was better than the Takeuchi. The cat could make the transition, but couldn't doze up the face. This was real work, in beach sand. I know this field intimately, and can't be questioned.
Wrong attitude, sorry. What I should have said was.... Testing a pull off is pointless, testing with materials is accurate. When was the last time someone called you to grade out their CTL down the driveway, or load a bunch of skiidders?
The asv looks nice! My JD CT322 has not been so good to me!
care to explain the problems with your CT322?
i've used a 322 ,crap is what i thought of it lacked power to push a pile got stuck (high centered) almost daily in loose 3/4 stone or in loose dirt , damn thing was always hung up
Deere has the absolute worst ground clearance of them all, not too mention the highest ground pressure rating next to Takeuchi, how can Deere's R & D people expect you to slog through 12 inches of much with 8 inches of underbelly room???
Rc30 Hi I run an RC30 and am very happy with it. Only have 70hrs but they have been relatively trouble free. Had the alternator come loose after the nut came loose on the adjuster but thats it. I am new to skid steers so it has been a steep learning curve. The Positrack is very forgiving and IMO makes a novice operator look okay, , particularly when levelling and working on steep sites. Today was the first heavy mud that it has been in and it worked a treat, even took some video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI2BGL7-BGk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbB0gh89kxY&feature=related and some still shots; Amazing that it didnt get stuck at all and this was after another tyred skidsteer had given up on the job. I was a plant mechanic for a long time and wasnt real comfortable with the amount of mud and grit that jammed up in the rollers and heard the tracks skip a drive lug a couple of times which is expected getting towards the 100hrs and a track adjustment is suggested. This is not a reflection on the machine but more the issue of working in mud. Took a good hour to get it all out (more clay than mud ) so will try and restrict working in deep mud in future so the rollers have the best life. Mine also has a counterweight on the rear which i havent seen on many US machines. Only real critisicm would be the slow cycle rate on the 4 in 1 bucket. cheers darren
here's a video about the track systems and pretty sure it shows most every ones favorite brand, i'll stick with the asv or cat alot less beating on the back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU2_bLLKfyw and heres a another good one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVNZnVIq1UQ
That RC-30 looks good. One day I will add one to my equipment list for those very tight jobs. For now if I have a super tight job my TL130 can't fit in I just rent a Ditch Witch walk behind machine and that gets it down but not as comfortable as a RC-30 would.
Bobcat is coming out with a T100, which is the competition to the ASV PT30.
The Bobcat T140 is horribly underpowered and has no track on the ground to provide decent traction. I can't imagine what a T100 would be capable of doing. The PT30 also only weighs in at around 3000lbs.
I will look forward to it. The market nich for that size machine is bigger than one might think. I hope they go with a different style of tracks-what makes the PT-RC 30 so valuable is their ability to tread lightly with a low PSI.
That is interesting. Way back the Bobcat dealer had a 1825 Case we rented and it was nice but having rubber tracks is the ticket in the smaller size. I got my hands on some Case propaganda and they had breakdowns from 2006 skidsteer industry and in the under 900 pound lifting class(wheeled) there was 1754 units sold (or 3%). They didn't have any numbers for the tracked units.
Sounds like a smaller version of the T-190
positrack I've had a positrack for about three years now aswell as other gear, and i can definatly say that they are unbelievable at going where the others cant as i work with a lot of wet clay, they have more than enough power and a very smooth ride, good visability ect, however this all has come at huge expense, its had 5 drive motor failure's in the last 400 hours alone and in all of its 1800hours has done about ten drive shafts/motors and is sending me broke, i have always taken such good care of all of my machines, they get a full "mini" service at the end of every day with a good washdown and close inspection, and all of my machines have been so reliable with almost no breakdowns (one fanbelt in nearly 4yr's on the kubota digger), now its come to the stage that i would feel too much guilt to sell this demon to some other poor bloke so i'm unsure what to do. I really need a machine like this for the sort of work im doing, the guys from the dealership workshop have no idea what the problem is and cant give me an explaination, Is it just a lemon? Do i trade it on a new one (cos the thought of that makes me cringe) do i set fire to it? or have a priest perform an exorcism on it
You have pretty much summed up my ASV experience. Alot of problems, most stupid things, no real big ticket items yet. What model do you have? How has it been for track life? You may want to look at Cat- all the suspension benifits without the terrible build quality.
I've got the RC60, I only just replaced the first set of tracks at 1750 hours although they still would have had plenty of life in them but one of my drive sprockets fell to bits and left the track running on the outside plate with all the sharp broken edges that destroyed the track in a matter of seconds, i didnt hear it give way and there was no slippage at all so didnt realise until i reversed back down the hill when it started to slip, but was too late, otherwise i would have been really happy with track life, im not fussed if i have a suspended track frame or not but i have demoed the takeuchi and loved it but it had too much ground pressure for my sort of work (I got it bogged, badly), i asked the dealer about perhaps wider tracks for it but they didnt seem overly keen on the idea, I havent had the time to have a look at the cat yet
x2 Yea let us know whats going on??
decided to buy an 07 rc30, loving every minute of it
I am trying to get some information on how well these compact track loaders work on steep slopes - I mean very steep slopes - scary stuff, hard to walk down. Anybody got any tales to tell. I have 150 acres of forested, steep land that I just want to push a few walking tracks on and not make a big impact - a dozer would probably do too much damage.
Well pete40 a little more info would be helpfull, but I can tell you I have had my Bobcat T300 in some real hairy places but it depends on the terain condition and the operator! You might want to think about a mini excavator and track loader combined.
Hi From my limited experience a tracked machine is far more stable on slopes than a wheeled one simply because the tracks cover more ground so a hole is not as big a problem. Not sure whether the suspension models such as ASV make any difference though.
ASV RC Serials Tracks And CAT MTL Tracks I am Ronald Young from
I am looking at a PT100 with the forestry package. Does anyone feel they have a reason to talk me out of it? I am looking for any feedback that I can get. Thanks
Bobcat does offer a roller suspension, but I believe its optional? I cant say much about asv as i have never ran one. Or for any matter I've only ever seen a hand full, does not seem like excavators or landscapers use them around this area. I do know that I like our bobcats a lot. They have bigger buckets in a low profile than I have seen on other brand or ctl's ( I may be wrong on this, as you can buy different size buckets to suit your need). As far as pushing dirt goes vs machines a lot of it has to do with the operator (as mentioned above) and the understanding of how to work piles of dirt and etc. With that being said I'm just saying I've talked to and seen a lot of people who talk the talk but cant walk the walk when there not using the machine in the proper way. That can lead to an opinion in which the person has no idea really about. And for the record I'm not saying any of this to bash any brand of machine or anyone in particular here. Just bringing that as a thought of mind. Any ways I like our bobcats, maybe one day I'll get to run an asv to form an opinion on them. Oh, and I do like a vertical life path as opposed to a radial lift. Makes it a lot easier when loading try axles and taller dump trucks. Does asv offer a vertical lift machine?
looks like the rc30 is a hit. i plan to buy one hopefully this week and everywhere i look it is praised. i want to start doin side jobs and other part time work with it, seems like the only choice for finished lawn work and such. maybe some snow pushing in winter time as well
New to forum.. i have an 2005 cat 287b. just got it...need to tighten one of the tracks.. do i just tighten the tensioner or do i have to first loosen something up. thanks. no service manual and no dealer help L
for my rc30 and i think the rc50 you drive the machine 5 feet forward, stop and lay a long straight edge on the top of the track from drive to front roller and pull down with 50lbs of force and measure the gap between the straight edge and track for me is .75" or less is ok. do some web searching i found my manuals for free on the web and downloaded them and printed them i dont have to loosen anything but the lock nut on the strut for tightening
HeyUvaVT- as of today, are you still happy with your set up?
Dirtroad- considering the same- did you get one? Feedback?
There are a few contractors around here that use the RC-30's for final grading around new houses here. But I have seen a lot of them being towed or pushed onto trailers with suspension and or undercarriage problems. I'm kinda wondering if the Bobcat T-110 would be a good alternative. From what it looks like ASV has a lot of trouble with they're plastic rollers and suspension, but I haven't run one myself just the Bobcat track loaders.
Does anyone have wiring diagram for ASV RC85? Machine will start but I have no hydraulics and no drive. Thanks
Trackloaderparts.com has manuals to download fo free
Check the switch on the door. If my door isn't shut all the way I have no functions, just a thought.
thank you,I will try them.
I found the problem.I imported this machine from the States.By the time is went through quarantine cleaning etc it was found the fuse panel was the culprit. Still some moisture and the safety fuse was not connecting.Fixed the fuse contact and away she went. Next problem is as follows.The machine is not responding correctly when the left joystick is used for forward etc.When changing direction I need to operate the joystick a few times before it responds. Can this be rectified by changing the joystick plungers and seals? Parts are expensive in Australia,is there a friendly supplier for CAT ASV Bobcat (may need engine rebuild kit) parts in the States? Thank you.
Wow u got a mess sounds like send me an email if I can help I will. [email protected] good luck