1600 hrs on unit. Digital console flashes the dual-purpose warning light for oil pressure/coolant level before , during, and after crank and continues flashing until engine shuts off for protection Yanmar 4TNV98-YTBL Gehl CTL 60 PIN: 21-309080 Oil pressure goes to 45 psi right after starting. O/P switch has one wire. 1 ohm engine off, O/L engine running Not sure how to test coolant level switch, is that the one in main upper radiator hose? Is there any way to get codes out of machine, where is diagnostic connector? Could it be that this light flashing means anything other than these 2 items? Customer has not provided even an operators manual Anybody have PDF shop manual?
I believe the coolant sensor is at top of radiator. Have you actually checked the coolant level?check sensor?
Yes coolant is to top of radiator cap. The only sensor I can see in the vicinity is in a connector in radiator hose from top of radiator going over to top of engine. Wiring and connections are intact.
Could not find any electrical on cooling system reservoir.
There's other threads on here about this issue. See this one for example. HeavyEquipmentForums
I appreciate you finding this additional post, very helpful.
I found the green wire with black tracer that plugs into oil pressure switch has dead short, solid continuity, to ground, with key off, or key on. The switch goes to O.L. when engine is running, (connector unplugged) so I think the the design is, switch is supposed to give grounded signal when engine loses oil pressure. Since wire is shorted to ground always, controller "thinks" there is no oil pressure. I will try to get back here once machine is fixed for final update.
Snipped wire near armrest controller (OH NO!) and ran new sheathed wire all the way to oil pressure switch. Life is good once again. Warning light comes on before starting and shuts off as expected in short order.
Good to hear.