I have a Gehl CTL-80 that will not move or engage hydraulics. I have checked the safety bar switch (it's good), the door switch (good), etc. I have also switched the relays that are in front of my feet. That didn't work either. I pulled up a parts manual and see that there is safety relay close to the circuit breaker panel underneath the right joystick. Also, there is a lever lock soeloniod that if not triggered will not release the hydraulics. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Thanks, Buddy
By the way, it will start up and run just fine. Just no hydraulics.
If all else fails, check the drive coupler between engine and pumps, your pumps may not be turning? I've seen it on similar machines.
I will give that a shot. Thanks.
I have a mtl325 and has done the same thing.I think the problem is with the wire connection on the sub valve. i just pushed the connector on tighter and that seemed to solve the problem.I hope that helps you.
james739 Do you know how I could locate that sub valve? Not sure where it is.
The interlock and 2 speed solenoids are under the seat and flashing around the seat behind the left hand console. Id start by checking that you have good power and ground and that the coil is magnetizing
I think I found the solenoids but not sure how to check for a good ground or if it is magnetizing. I do know for sure that the hydraulic pumps are working though because it is moving fluid. The problem is electrical for sure. Do you know how to check for a good ground?
You can simply test operation by removing the nut at the top of the coil then pull the coil it's self off and use a small screwdriver to check if it magnetised when the lap bar is down and not when it's up
Ok, thanks. I will try that and let you know what happens.
Can you get me the SN and I'll see if I can get u a manual
The serial number is 21503902 it is a CTL80
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3atP4ZPCabnLS1kYWhTQl9kaGs/view?usp=drivesdk This is the link to a Takeuchi Tl 150 and that's the same machine as a ctl80
Awesome!!!! Thank you!!!
Get her figuered out?
Not yet. I downloaded the manual and then the next day I had to go out of town. I'm back and I printed out a checklist from the manual and tomorrow I'm going to work on it again. I'll keep you posted.
any luck?
Nope. But I did do the checklist. The pumps are turning and I am getting fluid. The manual also said to put a finger on the solonoid and engage to see if there is a vibration or you can feel the solonoid move. There was no movement so I know that it has to be either the solenoid or the wiring to it. That's where I was when I left. Believe it or not, I'm in Spain for about another month and then I'll be back home to work on it. It is still sitting in the barn with the canopy up and a tarp over the engine I'm not giving up though and I appreciate your help!!!
There is a " buss bar " with relays on it. Inside the cab at your feet. You'll have to stand on your head so to speak. Start checking relays and or switching them out. It's almost always one of those relays when mine act up. Some times I've tapped on the assembly housing with a hammer while giving forward pressure with the joy stick ( while in the seat of course ). Believe it or not mine always moves after this tapping session. It's enough to get to the shop or trailer. Annoying as hell !!!!!
dirt monkey, I have tried all of that with the "bus bar". I have even switched out the relays with other ones that were the same on the "bus bar" with no luck.
Gotcha. Sorry. Best of luck !
I had the same problem on my Mustang MTL-25. Changed the solenoid, and fixed it.
did you ever find the problem I'm going threw the same problem right now
Just to keep everyone updated, I have been overseas for the past year. I am back now and just started trying to fix this again. I found the wires going to the solenoid and check the solenoid for continuity and it checked good, then I checked to see if the switch was getting power and it isn't. I checked with the safety bar down, etc. and still nothing. I'm guessing it could be a bad relay or a bad ground. I think I'm going to just try to wire power directly to the solenoid to see if that will get the machine moving. I'll keep you updated because I needed this thing going yesterday!!!!
on mine we found the wires on the right side of the of the cab that went to the door safety switch the person that had it before by passed it the door safety switch by connecting them back together but under the cab the the wires got cut into I guess from raising and lowering the cab or the vibration of it but we reconnected the wire and everything worked like it was supposed to. Idk if you checked right there but we had the same problem and hopefully that is what's causing yours and you get it fixed good luck
I did check the door safety and wires but they looked good. I have a solenoid relay showing up today. I'm going to try it and I'll let you know what happens.
Well, the new relay didn't fix it. Back to the drawing board.
Just an update. The machine is now running again. The new solenoid wasn't the problem. After installing the new relay and it still didn't work and I didn't know what else to do. I then just checked all the connections to all the relays and shoved them all in. I'm not sure if it was combination of things or not but it is working now. Maybe a connector was loose or maybe it was the relay and I didn't know it, I'm not sure. But hopefully it stays working, if not, I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the help.