Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mustand to Takeuchi

05rammer ยท 2016-07-26 19:17

I found a Mustang ctl for a decent price. I was wondering how hard it would be to change the door to the roll up Tak door.

Replies3
  1. #1Tags2016-07-26 19:49

    Not easily.... The deal that Tak had with Mustang/Gehl did not include the roll up door for a cab, just a swing out option. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm sure it could be done if you have a good shop and are good at metal working and welding. But by the time you go through all the trouble of building the track it runs on and welding it in just right on each side you'll have to buy(or fabricate) the door frame, linkages, rollers, latches, handles, cables, a wiper assembly and the glass. I'd just buy a regular cab enclosure and put her to work making money IMHO

  2. #2skata2016-08-06 14:51

    the mustang and gehl track loader cabs were made by gehl. takeuchi had nothing to do with the cabs.

  3. #3Tags2016-08-07 00:12

    My bad, let me correct what I said....The deal that Tak had with Mustang/Gehl was that they had to supply their own rops and cab enclosures..... So I guess you could look for another Tak rops and swap the old one out....still not as easy as buying the mustang cab enclosure....