Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl CTL 85, no high travel speed

Edward Porter ยท 2017-12-31 19:34

I have a 2009 CTL 85 with a Kobota engine. I have just over a 1000 hrs on it. The other day the high range travel quit working. When you turn the key on the idiot light works . I assume that the circuit is good because of that but most likely I am wrong about that. I do believe it might be something easy to fix. Anyone have a problem with theirs ? My dealer is 225 miles away and they aren't too familiar with these machines so that leaves me to figure it out. I use this machine on my ranch feeding cows cleaning barns, pounding post, mowing brush, building roads and everything in between. Has been very good to me. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

Replies6
  1. #1KSSS2017-12-31 20:00

    Like profile pic. Love those 50 series tractors. You may also try a Takeuchi dealer, same machine.

  2. #2skata2018-01-05 05:09

    does the yellow light come on when you press the switch? it may be a bad or stuck solenoid. check this thread for more info. solenoid is under seat. there is a pic in this thread that shows what you're looking for. HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3ilovetracks2018-03-06 19:34

    if the high travel light is on, I'd say solenoid. Both my takeuchi tbo70, when high travel stops, replace solenoid and fixed. easy repair. tl140 from rental company one time wasn't working, bump bucket hard it worked, bad solenoid. I'd try solenoid.

  4. #4tool_king2018-03-09 20:53

    Ed What is your email address ? I can email the manuals

  5. #5Edward Porter2018-03-10 23:00

    Tool King, I sent you a conversation but just in case it didn't work . my email is [email protected] Thanks

  6. #6Edward Porter2018-03-11 16:49

    Thanks Tool King, I browrse the service manual and it will be a big help