Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl CTL70 alarm problem

daystar ยท 2011-02-03 18:09

I have a 2003 Gehl CTL70. It will run for 5 seconds then cut out with a flashing orange alarm light at the top of the instrument panel. The manual says the light is for rapid water temp rise or low oil pressure. The oil is clean and full and the unit didn't run long enough for the water temp to be a problem. The unit ran fine the last time we used it and it was shut down normally. Any ideas?

Replies5
  1. #1Goose2011-02-03 18:33

    Check the radiator hose. In one of them usually the top hose there is a sensor in a tee fitting in the hose. This is the low coolant sensor. You can unhook it and see if the machine continues to run. The sensor can go bad but most of the time if the sensor is in the top hose there is air trapped in the hose and the sensor is not emersed in coolant and is shutting the engine down or the coolant level is low.

  2. #2daystar2011-02-03 19:09

    Thanks. I'll check that first thing tomorrow morning.

  3. #3daystar2011-02-05 17:23

    ok, found the t-fitting and disconnected the sensor, Still cuts out after 5 seconds with the same alarm. I was wondering about grounding the sensor wire. What do you think?

  4. #4Goose2011-02-05 17:53

    Yes ground the wire. I see that i forgot to add that earlier. The controller is looking for a ground at the sender and it will be if it is emersed in coolant.

  5. #5daystar2011-02-11 07:42

    OK, Finally tried it again. Grounding the sensor allowed it to run normal. After it warmed up I reconnected the sensor and it cut out after 5 seconds. Guess I have a bad sensor because my coolant level is full.