Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl DL-6H wet brake issues

pajibson ยท 2013-05-29 20:48

Does anybody have any service literature or clues where to find it for these? I have one that absolutely sprays hydraulic oil out the axle breather when you release the parking brake. Thanks in advance for anything you can give me. :usa

Replies4
  1. #1icestationzebra2013-06-04 00:03

    Obviously your park brake seal is bad and is leaking oil into your axle housing. I don't have a good source of parts, but if you Google "gehl dl-6h axle seal" and you will see several hits. ISZ

  2. #2pajibson2013-06-06 08:15

    So After some disassembly it is not that the parking prake seal is leaking... the parking brake side appears to have self destructed. I did some exploratory surgery on the left side and found some pretty good chunks of metal and what appears to be the retaining ring for a park brake. since it didnt come from the left side We're gonna say its from the right. I plan on doing the rest of the teardown tonight and I'll try ans get some more pics to post the final results.

  3. #3icestationzebra2013-06-06 22:20

    Ouch! ISZ

  4. #4pajibson2013-10-21 07:41

    We ended up sourcing the through Alta forkilift the local Gehl vendor. future reference though google "Joseph industries" they seem to have a good stock of carraro parts