Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

fork aux line couplers

pell ยท 2013-06-05 20:21

Hi Im here again asking a newb question ,I am about to change out the aux hydraulics line to the side tilt fork carriage and want to make it into quick couplers which it is not now.I dont know what I have to do to bleed out the tilt cylinder after I have cracked those lines and change them to quick disconnects.Thanks in advance for the help. Pell

Replies5
  1. #1icestationzebra2013-06-06 22:29

    I would make one male and one female on either side, that way when you take it off and reinstall it you can't mix up the hoses. Another benefit is that you can connect the supply lines together to bleed the air out. You will just have to work the tilt cylinder back and forth to get all the air out. ISZ

  2. #2pell2013-06-06 23:20

    Thank you isz that actually helped me alot that was a great idea about draining the air and now im not going to use couplers im just going to plug ends when I detach forks to use truss boom which is only occasionally.I was not sure about air getting in cylinder even though i know we take lines off on the mini and replace them and its fine but swinging weight above peoples heads thats another thing. Thanks again have a great day and it is nice to know there are people out there helping people because they can. semper fi. Pell

  3. #3icestationzebra2013-06-07 23:31

    No problem. IMHO though if you do it more than a couple of times it's worth putting the couplers on. One you won't make a mess, and two you pretty much eliminate the possibility of contaminating your hydraulic system with any debris. You should be able to get a set for $10-20/hose depending on what you need for adapters. You could use either 3/8" or 1/2". Style doesn't matter since you aren't concerned about using any other attachments. ISZ

  4. #4pell2013-06-08 12:47

    Thanks again that makes complete sense about contamination as it will happen your right . Thanks for common sense approach. Pell

  5. #5icestationzebra2013-06-12 22:32

    No problem and be safe! ISZ