Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

gehl mustang takeuchi track loaders?

earthscratcher ยท 2010-08-21 12:00

looks like these machines are all the same (tl130-ctl60-mtl15)(tl140-ctl70-mtl20)(tl150-ctl80-mtl25).looks like a good thing that would mean lots of parts available. looks like the tl150-ctl80-mtl25 are running yanmar powerplants, the smaller ones are running isuzu,i like the isuzu better but every body seems to like the yanmar to. from talking to other owners they say these things are very strong units has far has power,only downside is they eat the fuel. they are not the smoothest riding more like a dozer compared to the asv ride. looks like tracks are half cost of asv stuff. anybody have any input on these units,thanks earthscratcher

Replies3
  1. #1245dlc2010-08-21 12:05

    I haven't run any of the Tak stuff, but I know from a lot of people that have owned the ASV RC-30's and the Cat machines with ASV undercarriages that they wear out quite rapidly and I think somebody told me that the bottom track rollers are made out of some kind of urethane material, plus each roller is on its own torsion bar kinda like a Leopard tank so it's a lot more moving parts. I'd say if your doing lots of hard pushing and the like stick with the more rigid undercarriage like Takeuchi even if you have to sacrifice ride quality.

  2. #2buckfever2010-08-21 17:30

    on the takeuchi 150 expect to burn 20-25 gallons a day. but you'll produce like a champ.

  3. #3stuvecorp2010-08-21 18:12

    I have an 08 Mustang MTL 16(the same as a TK 130) and it will do a lot of work but I kinda don't like it. I prefer my Case/VTS setup but if I keep an open mind the Mustang gets the work done, it's just not as fun and sexy. I think if you were going to give a machine to a crew it would be the TK/Mustang/Gehl, I think they can handle long term abuse pretty good. They do ride more like a dozer, for more 'excavating' type skid steer work they seem real good. I don't like it as much as when doing finishing or raking. They also lift a lot and that was one reason I went with it. We tried out a TK 120 and I didn't mind the ride on that but it had a little different tracks but thought we needed more lift capacity.