I was trying to extract a rock and suddenly, my bucket fell off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate when that happens. I have a Bobcat 863 and found that the bushings in the Quick Tach are worn and apparently that put a side force on the lift arms that cracked the welds around the center support for the hydraulic cylinder. The arms bent out enough for the Quick Tach to fall off. The pins going into the bushings are in great shape. Now the question is, how do I get the bushings out of the Quick Tach mount, or would you just put the mount back on the machine and weld up the cracks to keep things together. There is about 3/8" on an inch slop in the bushings. Dave
Can you post some pics Dave?
This is the dilemma & costly solution I had last year with my 753
HI, I finally just put a come a long around the arms, pulled them together and welded the cracks around the middle or the arms that was allowing the bucket to drop off. It was really cracked around the middle of the arms where the hyd. cylinder attaches. Now the bucket does not move side to side, but there is still a lot of play in the bushings, so it still moves around vertically. I've used it about 2 hours and now another crack has apperead in the middle of the arms. I think someone at BC needs to learn how to weld, as all of the cracks that are appearing are in the welds in the center of the arms. Dave
Apedad: now all that's left to do is bury it :0
And maybe the operator to that thought that was a good place to go up....
This whole thread made me giggle. Rare images of skid steers sleeping.