Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl SL4510 Drive Pump Leak

4510 ยท 2015-12-01 21:39

Hello, Both my drive pumps are leaking out of the control shaft seals. I want to yank the seal out from the outside like a crank seal on an engine (screw a screw into the seal and pull it out) I am not sure these are designed to come out like that. Any info on the best way to tackle these is much appreciated. Chris

Replies11
  1. #1mikebramel2015-12-01 22:58

    Looks a Cessna/Eaton

  2. #245102015-12-02 07:55

    I think the seal I need is # 7 in the picture. This view is the back side of the first photo I attached. The description is 084145 KIT/TRUNNION ARM SEAL (INCLUDES ONE O-RING, ONE SNAP RING, ONE QUAD RING & ONE SLEEVE COVER) Does this seem like the correct seal / o-ring? View attachment Drive Pump.pdf

  3. #345102015-12-02 08:09

    Sorry here is a better photo.

  4. #4mikebramel2015-12-02 10:20

    that looks right. But on any old pintle style pump you have to be suspicious

  5. #5Terryz2015-12-02 15:45

    Item 7 is what you need. Order parts by serial number as there is more than one sealing arrangement . also these seals can be changed in the machine; take arm off shaft and remove half moon key.

  6. #645102015-12-02 23:34

    This is what I wanted to hear. Anyone have a good parts source for these seals? Going through german bliss is expensive, but the upside is I know it will be the correct parts. Thanks for the info.

  7. #745102015-12-29 08:59

    Update: I changed both pumps trunnion seals as we talked about. Simple, 2 o-rings and a collared spacer. No more leaks. Thanks for the help.

  8. #8mikebramel2015-12-29 11:52

    Good deal

  9. #9farmer bob2017-10-24 22:23

    I have the same leak on the forward position drive pump. Can you give me any details of where you ordered the #7 seal and also any direction on how to remove the seal without removing the pump. The more details, the better. Thank you.

  10. #1045102017-10-25 00:11

    Bob. I ordered parts from German bliss. https://store.germanbliss.com/gehl-...e-left-side-drive-front-gear-pump-facing-pump I got #7 or #10 for each pump. I had to take apart some of the control linkage and remove the C clip then pull the O-ring. Installed new and put back together. No more leak. I think it was $130 shipped for 2. You could probably take it apart and get a similar O-ring and collar made at machine shop for hundreds less, but with OEM you know it is right.

  11. #1145102017-10-25 00:16

    084145 is the part number I ordered. I email this guy for everything. If you beg sometimes be drops shipping. Chris McClaskey Online Parts Sales German Bliss Equipment 309-385-4316 [email protected]