Gents, Got an older Case 1845C, everything works fine on it, good machine. I haven't needed to use the aux hydraulics since I've owned it. I know the previous owner use them a fair amount, but are not around to ask questions. I want to drill some holes coming up and have a few questions. Currently as it is, the pedal on the floor, the hydraulic pedal, doesn't move up or down. It feels like the linkage might be frozen but didn't see any areas where it was. I wondered if somehow it might act different once an attachment was hooked up? I'm guessing not, and probably seized due to lack of use ....but thought I would ask just in case. Is there a common joint or area prone to seizing up? Also, for more experienced users, are there any 'tricks' or important things to know about using this unit's hydraulics over any other unit? Thanks for your help,
Just a follow-up, I removed the Aux pedal bracket assembly, tightened up the 'slop'. The Aux hydraulic control plunger goes up/down with pedal pressure, but it takes quite a bit of pushing. I can hear it adding 'drag' to the engine when I engage the pedal. Does that sound about how it should operate w/o anything hooked to the Aux hydraulics? I want to make sure it's about like it should be before renting an auger. Thanks,
Yes that's how it should sound and hopefully it will loosen up with use. When hooking up a aux unit leave the engine off and push it up down a couple of times to relieve pressure in the couplers. Steve
mountainlake, I was wondering if that valve has a detente in it? It's been many years since the 1845C where I worked had that valve removed, not being needed and was leaking. If it does and this valve has not been used lately might be worth looking into that as a cause of the reported stiff operation.
I have a 75xt with same foot control,, no detent I know of. Steve
1845C have a detent spring on the bottom of the valve. The housing is known to disintegrate when used around salt and fertilizer. remove the floor plate and look at the valve to see if it is corroded. Spray some lube on the top and bottom of the spool and see if that helps. If you aren't renting the auger from a dealer with Case skid loaders, you will need a set of ends for the hoses to fit your couplers. Case flat face aren't the same as most other colors.
You ever get this figured out? I just started working on my aux hyd valve yesterday. Fortunately for me it was barely frozen and moves freely in all 3 positions, and spring works (didn't rust b/c it was covered in hyd fluid, lol). After a wd40 bath, I just put a crescent wrench on the end of the valve's rod and turned it a bit to free it up. Didn't take much. The valve is 3 position. Mine is only sprung when it's full IN position. My pedal linkage was hillbilly'd together, so I ordered new clevis and rod end from Summit. The bushing is worn beyond normal life and needs replaced, and the hole on the fixed mount is worn, so, the pedal is quite wobbly. Gonna punch out the fixed stay hole to 1/2" and weld on a bushing bung to take a 1/2" ID bushing.
Dmoneyallstar, it should return to center from either way. Sounds like you still have a problem. Take a look at the external spring at the bottom of the valve. It will still spring from one way, but not the other.
Will have to take a deeper gander at it. I think the crappy pedal linkage is my problem that's causing it to hang up. Tried it just now by hand and I can pull & push the pin by hand and it does return to center from both directions. The pedal is so out of whack that it will hit the steel ledge beneath it and prevent full-throw of the valve. Will have it all cleaned up and running proper before we get more snow this weekend. =)
How much up and down the should spool move in the valve? Mine returns to center but it only move probably 1/2” both ways.
That's about right.
Thanks. Hopefully once I get some new pins it will be tight and work properly. Pressing the pedal to the right workS, but I can’t press it all the way to the left because it runs out of space to travel.