Hi Folks, I've got a Gehl CTL 80 with a lift pump that's not running. Connect it right to battery, and it runs fine. I've included the wiring diagram and an attempt at some artwork. Lower left of the diagram, it shows "air out feed pump". I'm assuming this is the lift pump in the door. I don't know what the "air out" thing means, but here we go. Also, I've attached a detailed diagram with some things circled in red. The leftmost thing circled in red is labelled "pressure switch". The output of that runs the pump. What pressure switch is that? Engine oil? I assume that's what it is. Does anyone know for sure? Whatever that switch is, I need to find it and see why it's not giving me any volts to the pump. Failing that, I could run the pump off a relay driven by the other things circled in red. The pump could just run when the key is on, that's fine with me. That's the leads marked "reserve 2, 3 and 4". Any of those should work. Does anyone know where they are in the machine? Thanks for any help!
The pump 12v comes directly down the orange wire from the #4 20amp fuse. No switches, relays, jujitsu, or hocus pocus involved. Key on, pump runs. Key off, pump stops. Fuses 2,3,4,8,9,10 all get fed via the ignition acc pole. Does fuse #4 have power? Are the fuse block terminals intact? Usually, the AC fuse terminals blackened and melt. Never had an issue with the other slots in the fuse panel.
Thanks! That certainly makes sense; it should work that way, I'm thinking. The diagram is for a Takeuchi. I thought they were identical; maybe not. Or maybe the diagram is inaccurate. Anyway, my fuse is just fine; the fuse box and terminals look fine. I just don't have juice on that wire. So it must be broken somewhere in the harness. I might luck out and find it around where it bends at the door hinge, but assuming it's buried deeper, I'll need to install a relay and run it off another source. That's why I'm also looking for those "reserve" wires. I'm assuming they're female bullet terminals somewhere in the harness.