Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Good pull on work boots

Greasyfitting ยท 2025-09-10 21:10

My ariat groundbreakers take on water like the Titanic not good on a 10 hr shift.

Replies10
  1. #1terex herder2025-09-10 21:49

    I like Double H. I wear DH1592 steel toe. I am not required to have the steel toe, but I like the increased toe room.

  2. #2JBrady2025-09-11 09:17

    Ariats feel great right out of the box, but I am doing good to get more than a year out of them. I like the Workhogs in steel or composite toe. I also really like the Rocky military boots i usually wear for Wildland season. They have speed laces and have great ankle support.

  3. #3CM19952025-09-11 09:29

    Red Wing with steel toe here. Not water proof but if you treat the leather several times while new they are pretty water repellant.

  4. #4MarshallPowerGen2025-09-11 09:58

    Red Wing 2231 with some Redback leather insoles here, and couldn't recommend them more. Been worn in for like 5 years now so no foot or back pain. Just get them resoled every couple of years since I roll my heels. Mine got 'treated' working in a shop getting soaked in grease, oil and hydraulic fluid, so they are waterproof. I'm sure just actually oiling them repeatedly would do the same.

  5. #5Truck Shop2025-09-11 10:30

    Just make sure you get a under shot heel for line dancing during lunch break.

  6. #6cfherrman2025-09-12 09:09

    I used to buy redwing for years until they got so irregular from china I don't get the pullon variety but I bought keen and am happy

  7. #7cuttin edge2025-09-12 20:47

    Not really popular here, but engineers seem to like them

  8. #8treemuncher2025-09-14 12:52

    Georgia Muddog Boots - I've gone through several pairs. Not great for deep water but good for a couple inches if you don't go over the rubber portion. Above that and you might get some water ingress. One of very few pull-on boots that my feet fit into. Comfortable for me

  9. #9colson042025-09-14 17:52

    I'm always looking for a better boot to wear in the barns. Cattle manure is acidic and will dry out and start cracking leather fairly quick. Muck/Dry Shod style boots work great and are comfortable, but the outer rubber never lasts more than 3 months before it cracks where the foot flexes. Tingley over boots work for some, but rend to rip at inopportune times. I might give these mud dogs a trial and see how they hold up. It's very rare for me to get more than a couple inches deep in anything with how we clean the barns.

  10. #10cfherrman2025-09-14 18:42

    Use a leather boot, wash off with water, then use Joe's hand cleaner or water has lanolin in it to clean and condition, then top up with mink oil. You could make boots last forever if you did this every day.