Hello all, I'm nearly through my first 1000hr service on my new-to-me V400 and upon changing out the fuel filter I noticed the water sensor wasn't plugged in. This was the way the previous owner left it, and didn't tell me. When I plugged it in the machine detects water in the fuel. There isn't any water in there, as far as I can tell -- I've drained the water separator bowl about 3 times now. If I smell what came out of the bowl and compare that to what's in my jerry can, it's definitely weaker--but it's also pink and not yellow/green that I am used to (see question 2 below). I have two questions: 1. The bowl fills up ever time I start the machine. Is the bowl only supposed to capture water? Or are you supposed to visually see a separation between fuel and water, and just drain out the water accordingly? Water is heavier than Diesel so I expect to see two distinct fluids in the bowl if there is truly water there. 2. The fuel that I drained out of the bowl is pink. The fuel I put into the gas tank is yellow/neon green. Google tells me that red dyed diesel is for off-road/farms which is where I got my machine from.
No replies yet.