Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Geith quick couplers

cjmc · 2025-12-02 10:02

Hi all What are people opinions on Geith quick couplers for a 6 ton excavator? Currently looking at upgrading my manual hitch and the Geith hitch looks competitively priced. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Marcrus2025-12-03 04:20

    Pretty reliable, don't really get any issues or have them needing rebuilds. Tilt couplers will need more frequent work and they get expensive to maintain but standard quick hitch is good

  2. #2cjmc2025-12-03 09:57

    Thanks @Marcrus for the reply. What size machine are you running it on? Do they work well at maintaining the bucket linkage geometry?

  3. #3heymccall2025-12-03 10:47

    Having put couplers on all my minis, I prefer the Strickland over the Geith 10 to 1. Geith insists on a stupid control box and extra plumbing, and pressure switch that on 10 couplers, I've changed at least 15 pressure switches.

  4. #4heymccall2025-12-03 10:56

    All pin grabber couplers use bucket cylinder extend pressure to operate, except Geith. They use pump pressure to operate and bucket cylinder pressure to satisfy. They both have a built in safety latch, but, if your luck with parts is like mine, you'll never get the right wear items correctly, the first or second time, or ever. And the Strickland S-lock is simpler on design with less moving parts. Ironically, Strickland was started by former Geith employees after Daewoo or somebody else bought out Geith. Another drawback is Geith is now using Stauff for their plumbing kits, so I'm SOL getting manifolds and such for my earlier Geith couplers, that were supplied by HCT.

  5. #5cjmc2025-12-04 05:45

    Thanks for the feedback @heymccall . I have priced up both geith and Strickland, Strickland is about 400 euro extra. Maybe they are worth the extra expense? My machine is just for personal use, it’s not a machine I hire out or make money with, but at the same time I don’t want something that causes me too much hassle either.