Finding parts and shop manuals on this are about as difficult as i have ever experienced. It has the Shibaura S753 3 cyl diesel engine, known as the 70939 1.0L to Generac. Same engine as used in Ford, New Holland, Shibaura tractors. Northern Lights Generators, Perkins also sold the engine as a 103-10. I have found a Shibaura Tractor Workshop Manual in PDF, Owners & Parts Manuals from Generac but can not find a service or shop manual anywhere. I'm looking for an injector pump and nothing comes up with using Generac';s part number 316-70939. I found a new Perkins pump for $270 but not 100% sure it will work.
Just checked and I'm pretty sure I have the Generac service manual for that engine (082034). Can't be too certain since Generac never puts the actual manufacturer in their manuals, just lists it as a D1.0L, but the only info it shows is the pump is "Bosch type" with no numbers or info.
I found the injector pump with its updated part number of 709390316 for $2225.50 from Generac. I would imagine it has a great deal of dust on it at that price. Wonder if the Perkins pump can be made to work if it is slightly different spec. Wish I knew more about the internals of the Injection Pump.
IF ONLY there was "someone" that could help.. How about snapping some pics & sending to my home email or post it here.. FWIW> Ford, Shib. didn't make the fuel system.. Bosch, Zexel or Denso did.. U can click on my name on the left side of the page to get my contact info..
Please let me know if you find out anything i also have a generac generator that need injector pump
WHY are u people BUYING NEW pumps.. when I can rebuild them at 1/4 of the price.?? OR ANY fuel shop will rebuild it at 1/2 the price as new.. Generally speaking of course..
My injector pump is missing a couple of pieces. I dont know how hard it would be to find parts and rebuild if it would be cost effective
Only 1 way to find out.. its not doing u any good sitting on the kitchen table.?? How did the parts become "missing".?? Prying eyes..?? & what parts are they.?? Click on my screen name to the left for contact info.
So I got my injector pump back and it was good. Put it back in and I'm still over revving and the stop lever does not stop the engine. I'm going to remove the timing gear cover again and try to figure out what is wrong. Nothing was broken, bent or hung up last time I had it off.
Instead of focusing on the gov... look & see/make sure the inj. pump is connected to the engine control rack correctly.. IDK if that one has a "hole" in the rack that fits over the pump peg.?? or the pump control rack peg fits in a groove/cut out in the engine rack..?? I've seen the rack "fall off" the low idle stop screw.. & when u connect it to the engine rack, u have no control.. its a, "ya gotta have a feel for it" kinda job..
The rack has a peg that the governor linkage connects via a hole in the linkage arm. It is secured with a pin. I have gotten pretty good at connecting it with a pair of hemostats....don't want to be fishing that pin out of the engine.
Hmm, that kinda rules my idea out.. How about the shut off.?? does it screw in the side of the inj. pump mounting block.?? Or is it a manual cable shut down.?? IF its an electric screw in type, unscrew it from the block... U might have bent the rod & its jamming the rack.?? Just BE CAREFUL.. Once u unscrew it, u have no way of shutting it down w/ the key switch.. So BE PREPARED to cut off the air or the fuel, if it takes off..
The shut off solenoid is good, just replaced.
How about snapping a pic of the pump & mount.. What I want to see is IF u have access to the side of the pump.. thru a throttle plate or inspection plate.. That way u can put your hand.fingers on the control rack & find out if the rack is stuck or sticking or is the gov. grabbing it & taking off..
More than once I've pulled new parts out of the box that weren't good.