I have an ORFS O-ring kit. But I'm rapidly using up a few of the sizes. That is #4, #6, #8, #10 and #12 seem to be the ones I replace the most. Fastenal has rings around those sizes by the bag of 100 for a few dollars. The dealer will sell individual O-rings for extravagant money. But I'm not extravagant nor have oodles of money. The ORFS nitrile O-rings are 90 durometer but what are the specified sizes and cross section ? My internet searches don't seem to hit the O-ring sizes. Everything else about the fitting. Will anybody help a poor guy out ?
I buy those kits from the local Hydraulic shop. When the commons get low I just buy a new set. It's cheaper than trying to refill the thing.
Hoser o ring kit ORFS uses standard AS568 sizes - give me some time and I will copy it from the lid of my kit! The ORBs the ones that have separate 900 series sizes.
For me to have two identical kits and order rings on line is the most convenient because by the time the stores open am already in the field working! And sometimes it can take 30-40 minutes of standing in line and yapping with other customers to get those!
The correct name for the kit I recommend is: “The hoser’s combo kit” Kit no: ORK combo 90 Here are the sizes Fitting size. AS568 dash size 1/4,...-4............-011 3/8,...-6............-012 1/2,...-8........... -014 5/8,...-10..........-016 3/4,...-12..........-018 1,...-16..............-021 1 1/4,...-20..........-025 1 1/2,...-24..........-029 Just give guy at the counter the dash size on the right, and tell him you need duro 90 and he should know. If he doesn’t - he has no business being there.
Grabbed from the Parker 4300 O-ring seal catalog.
Guys … (specially TVA) Thanks for the help. Fastenal doesn't have 90 durometer but Grainger does. $6.02/50 for -018 size for 3/4 ORFS for example. www.theoringstore.com has every thing one could desire for even less cost. The ORFS spec needs 90 Shore A Durometer. Nitrile or Buna-n are the same material. Good for petro hydraulic fluids -40 F to 250 F temps
Don’t mention it! I really recommend that hosers kit: you get ORB, ORFS and flange o rings in one. I would buy two and replenish in the comfort of your own bed, on line, while the other still full.