Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie 1999 Z45/25 wont move.

guy6189 ยท 2014-11-29 19:03

1999 Z45/25 sn# Z-45-011232 ford duel fuel engine I have got the machine running, just removed the hydraulic tank and replaced both filter screens in the tank while it was removed. I have now located the tank valves that were covered in stucco and they are in the open position The platform is between the steer wheels (because the turn table will not rotate but maybe 6 inches to the stop however will not travel the other direction. The machine will move about an inch forward and reverse while holding the drive enable switch The primary boom will respond from the basket up and down as well as extend and retract the secondary boom will not respond from the basket Steering will respond from the basket None of the lower controls will operate the machine other than the start function. I believe all functions worked from the basket before I removed hydraulic tank, I know the turntable did for sure. Thanks in advance for any help trying to get this machine moving. Guy

Replies2
  1. #1VoodooMojo2014-11-30 05:25

    We will need a voltmeter, a hydraulic pressure gauge (0 to 5000psi) and about an hour of time. We need to see where voltage is present and not. Do you have the schematics for this machine? If not: http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Parts And Service Manuals/servZbooms3.htm We will start with getting everything running from the lower controls first. Starting at the E-Stop Switch and the Platform/Ground Keyswitch.

  2. #2guy61892014-11-30 21:19

    VoodooMojo thanks for the reply, I will look for someone to help me as electrical trouble shooting is not my strong suit. I will post results