Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

genie 2668 platform lifts when driving

Chewie2105 ยท 2025-05-15 15:15

Hi guys been more then helpful in the past, running into a issue on a side job. guy called me on a scissor lift unit he borrowed from a neighbor was working when they drove it over, parked it and when went back it to try and drive it would move about 4 inches then stop and the deck would lift. this happened forward or reverse. got some schematics and went to check it briefly only to find I got the wrong serial number, luckily it is close to home. thinking have the lift valve sticking. disconnected the lift solenoid no change, thought I read the diagram wrong and disconnected on of the solenoids for I believe high speed (double stacked solenoids labeled FR in the diagram) just by chance. tried driving and in forwards only I got the drive working, the platform still lifts but can move. reverse didn't work properly still, disconnected the other solenoid and now can get it out of the way for them but trying to track down the full cause. we have a few genies at our shop but transitioned to Haulotte for our scissors so I'm rusty. from the schematic looks like the pressure flows thru the lift first so suspect its stuck and maybe finding path of least resistance. haven't had a great deal of time to look at the machine yet, hopefully in the next little bit. but any thoughts would be great serial gs6806-44855

Replies0

No replies yet.