This vintage Wacker plate compactor weighs a good amount and is reversible action. The Hatz 78 crank start diesel adds to the fun. But the engine is smokey upon startup and recently has been pushing oil out of the crank seal. Using this in a big warehouse with a breeze blowing through is tolerable for about a half day. Which meets our needs. Oil has to be topped off regularly for fear of running it without oil and ruining the engine. Happen to know if parts still available? Or better to swap it out - but gotta make sure the belt drive clutch and speed is compatible. Is this Hatz engine (78) a engine that parts can be had? Or swap the engine?
Cool tool, Bob. I'd just be googling too, but I hope you get some parts. Those things are so handy and hit very hard. I backfilled my friends cabin with a similar unit.