Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie 45-25

ricdel ยท 2021-10-02 17:03

Year made 2002 Primary boom comes down very slow from the platform. It had been working fine for several days. I would appreciate any help. The control stick i about four years old.

Replies6
  1. #1Grestil2021-10-04 15:02

    Not much info to go on here. I am assuming the machine is engine powered. The symptoms you describe could be caused by the joystick being worn and the signal from it to the control board in the platform box could be going out of range. If this is the case the alarm (if it works) should be beeping and a fault code will be displayed on the control board in the platform control box. The service manual for that machine is available free from the manufacturer's website and has all the info you need.

  2. #2bendingy2021-10-19 15:57

    It could either be a restriction in the hydraulic system or in the electronic control. There is a horse power limiter and boom controller in the platform control box that controls how fast the boom moves. The instructions for how to adjust start on page 156 of the attached manual. There is also a tech tip for "Slow or No functions" that covers testing the hydraulic pressure and inspecting the spool valves. There is one more tech tip that covers adjusting the flow valves. This is for another model but I've had luck performing the same procedure to my Z45/22 for the same issue. All the below documents were downloaded from genielift.com

  3. #3ricdel2021-10-20 15:36
  4. #4ricdel2021-10-20 15:47

    Thanks so much for your reply. I haven't been back on the Genie but am anxious to check it out. They put a cast on my left foot and lower leg. I will be laid up for the next 2 weeks. I am very thankful for reply's and know it takes time on your part. I will post when I work on it and let you know what works.

  5. #5Txhayseed2021-10-25 22:30

    Down load the service manual and try returning your speeds. There is a process using the toggle switches to speed up/ slow down each function. The boom is gravity down with a straight dump to the tank from the main lift cylinder so a hydraulic restriction is not the most likely issue. The coil/valve use a demand voltage based on the joy stick stroke. Try recalibrating first then go from there

  6. #6ricdel2021-10-26 11:43

    Thank you for the help.---- I should be back on my feet by the 1st of November and will try to get the Genie working. I will post when I try things out.