Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie 45/25 problem

Florida G C · 2025-09-13 18:22

Hello all. Have a 45/25 runs fine but lost all 3 joystick controls. Everything on the toggle switches works both up and down but none of the joysticks do anything. Thoughts??

Replies8
  1. #1willie592025-09-13 20:21

    Would be hard to troubleshoot this at a website because the Z45/25 has been in production for many many years and has had a lot of changes of components over the years. The first thing you need to do is download the manuals for your serial number from the Genie website, the service/maintenance manual will have the wiring diagrams to help you troubleshoot the proportional functions.

  2. #2Florida G C2025-09-14 19:22

    Thanks for the reply. I was hoping because i lost all 3 joystick functions someone would have an idea. I guess its time to get reading the manual

  3. #3willie592025-09-14 20:26

    Yes, If you're going to own that machine, you need to start teaching yourself those schematics, or hire a high dollar wrench to come out. What's the machine serial number

  4. #4sarataylor2025-09-18 08:07

    If your toggle switches are working but the joysticks are dead, I’d suspect an electrical fault rather than hydraulics. Could be a blown fuse, loose connector, or a power feed issue to the joystick controls. Worth checking the wiring first.

  5. #5rwoody2025-12-17 19:28

    my serial number is build date 8-98 z-45-008218 and cannot find correct engine or repair manuals either

  6. #6Mr. Wrench2025-12-17 20:59

    I think this is the right manual on Genie's web site. I not sure how to post a link here for it, I have never down that. Look through the Z-45/25 options until you find part number 52709.

  7. #7rwoody2026-01-01 18:37

    thank you

  8. #8Mr. Wrench2026-01-01 20:27

    Hope that helps you.