Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie 5519 Joystick Pattern Change?

Eddie Strobel ยท 2023-12-21 21:01

Just purchased a 2015 Genie 5519. I am not in love with the boom joystick controller. Compared to our other similar lifting equipment, it seems awkward. I would prefer the lift to be forward/back (it is) and the tilt to be left/right (it currently is boom in/out). For the boom in/out, ideally it would be via a roller switch on top of the joystick. Currently to do the tilt, I have to push and hold the top left button on joystick and "raise/lower". Any options out there, from Genie or a tech guru, or other, to help in this idea? Thank you very much.

Replies5
  1. #1farmmaterialmover2024-01-08 16:41

    I have a 2014 2506 (european 5519) that I just got that has boom extend on the left slider button and tilt of forks is left/right and I want boom extend left and right and fork tilt on the slider thumb button because that it how our other telehandlers are set up. I wouldn't like the thumb button and then having to go forwards and back to tilt either. Did you ever find a solution?

  2. #2Eddie Strobel2024-01-08 16:43

    I have not found, or looked into it further. Your reply is interesting. I think I will call Genie and look into it.

  3. #3Thadman812024-11-20 15:03

    I'd like to find out if there's an answer to this question. getting a 5519 and would prefer the left/right to be tilt control instead of boom in/out. holding the button seems like it would be a pain for using a bucket.

  4. #4Winford Nolt2024-11-22 17:59

    I have a 2015 5519 and like was mentioned the joystick configuration is less than ideal. My bro in law who is a mechanic switched the hoses so that the boom extends when you hold down the left button on the right joystick and push the joystick front or back and the carriage tilts when the joystick is tilted side to side with no override. The way he has it setup for me it runs just like a Skidsteer which is what I definitely prefer. I run a grapple on mine and I wish that they would put a proportional roll switch for the auxiliary hydraulics.

  5. #5Winford Nolt2024-11-22 18:03

    Does anyone have any experience with working on the auxiliary hydraulics? When I close my log grapple down on a log and let off the auxiliary function it relaxes the pressure and allows the grapple to open a little bit before holding the load. It does seem to hold eventually but right at first it will relax slightly and can drop a load because of that.