I have a 2015 Genie 5519 with 2200 hours. Machine is new to me. Starts fine, all hydraulic functions seem to work fine. Hydraulic oil level fine. I release the parking brake and the lights go out on the dash. Put the shuttle shift into forward and rev the motor, some times it moves, some times not. Put it into reverse, some times it moves, some times not. Seems like the brake is still set. Once I get it to move it might operate for 5-10 minutes in both forward and backward, then will quit moving entirely. It never acts like it will free wheel. Parking brake seems to set just fine but feels like it never fully releases. I don't know how to adjust the knob in the cockpit that apparently deals with some sort of negative brake valve??? I replaced the shuttle shift with a new one, no help. I suspect it has something to do with that negative brake adjuster and/or the forward/reverse solenoids/valves which I assume are the ones that you access by removing the side panel in the boom tunnel area against the cockpit. The service book sucks. I cannot find how to set this valve for negative brake. It will not turn at all. Not sure if there is a jam nut tightened down. Can anyone help this old farm boy?
No replies yet.