Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie GS-1930 no functions

Pncle ยท 2024-09-23 17:58

I have a Genie scissor lift where no functions work. I have good voltage coming from my batteries and into the motor controller and out to the rest of the system. Whether the lift is in platform or ground mode, when I hit the "up" switch I get an "A5" code, (Which I believe is the software config.) When I hit the "down" switch, code "00" appears, (This I know is the revision level because I can change the revision level and the new revision level will appear).. Other than that, no other functions work. I've performed some of the tests on the genie website to test the motor and motor controller, and they test good. Has anyone had any similar issues.? Or does anyone have any suggestions of what I can look for next.? Any type of help will work. Thank you.

Replies2
  1. #1Jayceesdad62024-10-18 21:46

    If you're still having this issue, get me the serial number of the machine and I can do a lot mroe to help you diagnose it. Does your machine have a contactor? It would be above your charger/left of the batteries. Try tapping on the motor and see if that does anything.

  2. #2Pncle2024-10-23 17:28

    Thanks for taking the time to respond: The troubleshooting tips I found online for this motor controller and motor were all testing fine. I finally found a used, but good, motor controller and tried it on my lift; now everything's working normal.